My new quilting studio -- a converted garage

Georgene

Here are pictures of my new studio. It was a garage addition about 25 years ago. Now we've converted it into my quilting studio. The brick wall was once the outside wall of our house. It's 25' x 13' 8". I have a separate outside entrance for my customers, so they don't have to see my dirty kitchen or dust bunnies.

I'm still rearranging and getting used to it.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/slideshow/580656559zQhAwm

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Linda S

What a great studio, Georgene! It's just lovely -- and soooo organized. I need to take pics of mine, as it is the most organized it's been in years. Not nearly as nice though.

Georgene,

If you have some spare time would you care to come over and organize my sewing room? PLEASE?! I can pay you in M&Ms and Reese's Pieces. It must really be nice (and helpful) to have everything tucked away in it's own space and to know just where it is. I assume I'll never know that feeling. LOL! Congrats on getting your studio set up.

Sally

What a great area you have to work in.....I noticed that you have the hydraulic lift.....I am setting that up with my LA. Your floor looks sooo much like mine....as in the light colour and mine is vinyl tiles which give the appearance of wooden planks....you will have MANY creative hours in your new quilting studio.

Georgene, Absolutely love your studio and view - where in VA are you? Thanks for the tour, looks like you are well prepared supply wise! What is the name of the book that is next to Deloa's Border book in your drawer? I tried but could not get the slide show to pause to see it....

Thanks!

What a wonderful studio!!! How do you ever make yourself leave it? :cool: My DH already thinks that I spend way too much time in my "Lenni Room" so if I had a studio like this, I would be in trouble........................:P:P:P I love how you have decorated it and am so impressed with how organized it is. Way to go! That must have taken a lot of time and thought to get it so well laid out. ;)

Thanks everyone, I do love my studio. And I feel very fortunate to have it.

I haven't had much time to spend in it, because I'm trying to sort through so much stuff and organize the room which used to house my longarm. That room is now my sewing studio -- for piecing and pressing and bindings and such. And there is also a little sitting area where I can work on applique and watch quilting DVDs away from my husband, who would rather watch hunting, fishing, or any sports show that's on TV.

I figure if I can watch Sharon Schamber's DVDs while I'm doing the applique, maybe I can do it nearly correct....stop and start it as I go. I'm such a novice with applique.

Most of the furniture, in fact all of it, except the vanity, the Horn cutting table and thread cabinet came from yard sales. My husband and I go most weekends.

Vicky, the other book, next to Deloa's Border Patrol, is Pajama Quilter Reloaded -- a companion workbook for the DVD of the same name. It has some nice designs in it. It's great to look at a few books when my brain goes blank -- which is often.

Archived