My new quilting studio -- a converted garage

Georgene

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgene, I can't believe I missed this. The studio is super. I was wondering about it, I thought you were using the garage with the apartment, silly me. I've never notice the attached one. We need to get the Hampton Roads Long Armers together and "party" ok we'll settle for "talking and eating". You all really need to visit, Georgene's home is beautiful and she's a "super" lady and friend.!!!:cool::cool:

CONGRATS Georgene, now get to work:D

Your studio is just fabulous, I love your storage ideas and especially the view!! My new studio space is about to get started tomorrow, hopefully to be done by October, not as big as yours or the fantastic views but all mine!! Congrats again on your new space!!!!!

• 3 months later...

Georgene...how did I miss pics of your studio? I was traveling in August, but I thought I'd been here since then. I love your space. You have the most beautiful view of the "creek". I was picturing this little babbling brook and you have a large body of water out there. LOL. I love the circle board cabinet. I have some of those white cubes, but I use them in the garage for my stained glass stuff. They are great. Take a 40% coupon and head to Michael's. I love your floor. The vinyl is the best way to go. Mine was very padded too, but I found I still needed a little more padding under me so I took the gel pads out of my kitchen (I stand a lot more in my sewing room than I do in there) and they are working out great. I push them farther under the machine when I'm sitting in my chairs so I can "scoot" around. Very well done. Post a pic this winter when you have a bunch of snow. ♥

Well Georgene, I missed this also when you first posted. Your studio is absolutely to die for. I would never get any work done I am afraid. I will be going back to visit your studio again just to see how you organized it all. Thank you so much for sharing your studio and your lovely work with us. Makes me want a road trip to your neck of the woods.:D

• 1 month later...

Georgene, I have to say, I love your studio!! I am a new member to the APQS forum, and are in the process of converting a garage to a studio as well, so when I saw what you had done, it got me very excited about what can be achieved. As I am intending to purchase a longarm quilting machine, (when garage to studio conversion is complete) your photos really gave me a more comprehensive idea of what I will be needing to set up my space. Thank you for sharing your studio with us all on the forum. :)

Julie P.

It is gorgeous and so organized; I love your studio. You've really given me some ideas as my new space will be about the same size. I will, however, attempt to have my sewing space in the same studio as well. We'll see....

I love those cabinets that hold your thread. Such a great idea, makes me want to run out and go to a yard sale!!!

Archived