Light Problem

shirleyl

I have a little problem. The Flourescent (sp) bulb fell out and broke on my Milli. I went and bought a new bulb, put it in and now I can't get it to work. I know it is something stupid, but I checked and the bulb is in and the Connection is good and I have tried turning it on and off. Am I missing something. I walked away before I broke something.

Thanks

Shirley

2002 Milli

Shirley, have you tried turning your machine off and back on? Also make sure you have a good connection. Sometimes they feel and look like they are good but if you turn the bulb just a bit you might find that the connection was off just a bit. Hopefully someone else will chime in here.

Guest Linda S

Shirley - sometimes when I need to replace the bulb, I need to insert it a couple of times before I get it to seat properly. It generally needs a little more twist into the space than I initially give it, if that makes any sense.

Shirley,

If your first bulb fell out, it is possible the end connectors (sockets) are not making good connections. With the machine unplugged, gently bend the prongs where the ends of the bulbs fit closer to each other (use a small screwdriver if needed). It is possible that one of the sockets is not functioning properly.

In addition, you may want to replace the starter for the build. It is located behind the front cover, and you can find a replacement at a local hardware store. Let us know if you need more help.

Archived