Sewing room finished

Oma

It's very nice in my room and I do like spending time up there. My room is about 13'x24' and it is very easy to work in. Sometimes it's very clean, but not usually because I'm usually neck deep in several projects at once. I wanted to store my AccuQuilt dies all neat, but I was trying to find some way without spending a lot of money for a cabinet. Even the one from AccuQuilt was around $1500 after shipping and taxes. I found the exact same one from a different place and it was half the price and free shipping. Perfect.

I'm going to try to post another pic of the long wall of shelves that run behind the Liberty. I don't see it in any of my other pics. As you can see, I really like those little plastic containers. I bought them when they were still reasonably priced and using a 40% off coupon. Now they have gone up in price about 40%.

post-4696-0-50295300-1349532054_thumb.jpg

post-4696-0-53176600-1349532067_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Marti, the room is 12' x 25' roughly.  This was a model home when we bought it and we had the option of having it be two bedrooms or have the wall left out so it's like a big bonus room.  We had three other bedrooms and it's just my husband and me so we decided on the bonus room for my sewing.  We lived here almost 15 years before I got the chance to take out the carpet and add the sewing tables.  Those were the most expensive part of redoing my room.  I love my peg board.  I keep a lot of stuff on it.  Stuff that would otherwise go in a drawer some where and be forgotten about.  Plus it's very handy to have stuff hanging on a peg board.  My very favorite thing is the shelves I have my fabric on.  I love being able to see all of it and touch it.  I have never had a problem with fading or anything.  I bought the shelves at Orchard Supply Hardware a few at a time over several years.  Or at least one wall at a time.  They were very reasonably priced.  Thanks for commenting on it.     

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oma your studio looks great. I love my Koala cabinets I was shocked at the price but after I got them I appreciate the quality a lot more. I just wish I could have Millie and my sewing table in one room but I've taken over a bedroom upstairs too. I got the sewing table with the extended leaf and it is so nice when putting binding on and when I don't use it I can flip it down. I wish I was as organized as you are. You can come to my house any day and organize lol. My hubby bought me a metro shelving unit on wheels for my CL boards and it works great all of them go right in there and stay organized and they slide right out the end when you need them.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...