victoriasews

Different take on Dresden Plate

Victoria,

I love your feathers and swirls, and especially like how you put a small circle in the middles, instead of a teardrop. I think I'll try that. Would there be a chance that you could get the name of the pattern and where to order it? I really like it. :)

Joan

Wonderful quilting, and an interestingly different take on the Dresden pattern which I love!

Another favourite! ( I wonder if our favourites folder ever gets full?!!)

Shelley

Heritage Country Quilting

Western Australia

2009 APQS Millenium, hand guided.

'Waltzing Matilda" or Milly Tilly!

Joan,

It is from the book Fancy to Frugal, Authentic uilt Patterns fdrom the '30s by Kay Connors and Karen Earlywine. The pattern is called Fancy Dish.

www.webshots.com/user/victoriasews

www.Fiberobsessive.blogspot.com

Innova and Intelliquilter

I just bought this book at the Joann's Superstore near Indio/Palm Springs. Walked in today and all the books were 40% off! :cool:

Too bad that sign wasn't up when I bought a book there yesterday! :(

And BTW Victoria, your quilting is FAR superior to what's shown in the book! ;) Nice job!

14EABCCA535C11FE692767BF2F0B87E2.png

DIGITIZED Designs for Computerized Quilting

The POCKET GUIDES to Freehanding

eppd@telus.net

I thought this was a very pretty Dresden and I'm not real crazy about them. The quilting made it even more beautiful. The more I kept coming back to look at it (and I did that a lot) the more I thought I'd like to make one. I almost bought the book with the pattern in it a couple of times then would talk myself out of it and put the book back. Well...when I got my Nov/Dec issue of McCall's Quilting right there on page 74 is this pattern. I guess that's a sign that I have to make it now wouldn't you say? Hmmmm.:)

D92090BC49E8C634FED9A5815EF5ABB3.png

Serendipity: The discovery of something wonderful quite by accident while looking for something quite different.