oriental monster quilt done with pictures check out bottom of post picture on bed with oriental wall hanging!

I have been working on this 104x108 quilt for almost 2 months now, I know I am slow!! It is a part time after work and weekend project for my son and daughter in law. I posted the quilt top pictures back in July when it was done. Now all I have left is to do the binding. I sewed 3 sides of the binding on the frame, but couldn't quite make it to the far right side after I had turned it. This really, really maxed out my 10 ft frame on my Lenni! So if anyone is wondering how big of a quilt you can manage on a Lenni, I think I reached the maximum. I loaded it sideways which is 104 but in order to do the center I had to turn it as I couldnt manage the crosshatching and clamshells sideways. Any how I am glad to have it finished and to be able to move on to something smaller like my soon to be newest granddaughters quilt, who is due in now under 3 weeks.

post--13461906924531_thumb.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heidi

I love how the sid looks too it really did add to the quilt, however, on the back doing such narrow sid between the blocks it is kind of wonky and the back has some small tucks and isn't as flat as I would have liked it to be. Not going to win any awards for quilting thats for sure, but thats okay it is what it is and I have learned alot in doing it so that is what counts.

Definitely one of my favorites. I love all the different oriental fabrics....love all the different fabric placements...love all of the different quilting designs....love the borders....REALLY love the size...all of it is beautiful. A very big undertaking.

Originally posted by LadyLake

It is very beautiful, Jeanne. You are obviously an accomplished quilter. I especially love your gently curving crosshatch. Would you mind posting a closeup of the green rectangles? The quilting looks interesting. Thank you!

Joan it is the circle lord Mini Gingko leaf one inside the other and the center square of the block is from the mini feather z template a 3.5 inch design

post--13461906928278_thumb.jpg

Archived