Large Spool Holder

mswings

Anyone know where I can find something to organize my boatload of spools??? Would like something to hang on the walls. Right now I have them in baskets and I have to dig to find what I have and what I need. I am considering making one but don't know if it would be better to find one already made. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Primitive1

I keep mine in one of those plastic things with drawers, each drawer has a differant brand/or type. Keeps the sunlight from fading them but I can't see all of the wonderful colors at once!..:):(

That was what I used to use but got tired of dealing with it. I love having my DVD cabinet. It is only about 15" wide so it doesn't stick out much and I can store a ton of cones. I put them 2 deep and can easily see what color I'm looking for.

My husband made me a rolling rack with peg board and hooks on both sides. It's the perfect size to roll into the closet out of the light and dust and will hold at least 200 spools. We picked up two pre-cut 24 x 48 peg boards, he built a 2x2 frame and attached the peg board on both sides and then added legs with casters to the bottom.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I love those DVD cabinets. They do hold a lot of thread. Most of my wall space is taken up by a sewing cabinet for my Bernina, my Millie, my Entertainment system and a Leather couch. So my walls are my only option. I came home from work and my husband made me a thread rack. It is awesome. It looks just like a regular one only on steroids:D:D:D. It holds 100 large cones. Now if we can lift it onto the wall I'll be in business. (At least I won't have to dig for my thread choices.;););). Again, thanks for the ideas and pics.

Archived