Favorite Ruler or Tool

Deloa Jones Little One ruler. That teeny tiny baby has helped me on almost every quilt I've done. GREAT for SID! Now that's a not-very-expensive tool. Big Money tool would be the Swirlz back-of-the-machine boards by Circle Lord. I haven't seen a quilt that this design doesn't look good on, and if you are doing QOVs or Comfort Quilts this is a time-saver plus those Swirlz just look so good! And Michael and Kay are so easy to deal with. Always there for you!

Deloa Jones' curved crosshatch rulers. Not only are they great for cch but I actually use them more for going around applique. I love that you can flip them over and both sides are the same, that they are etched in 1/4 increments, and they are clear so I can see well through them to see where I'm going. They also are etched with 90 degree angles so they can be used to make interesting swags in borders. Besides a straight-edge ruler, they are the only other ones I use.

Everyone's right here.

DeLoa makes the most "user friendly"..."helping" tools on the market, in my humble opinion.

I have her appliguide and love it. I have her castle, and love it for SID. I have her rope-a-dopes...need I say more?

And, her's are not priced "out of the market" like "others". (yes i've paid the "out of the market" price for rulers...cuz im a ruler queen too!), but to start out...her rulers would be one of the best options out there!

Interesting~ When I think of my favorite tool, I'd have to say, The Chubby Crayon from Miracle Marking systems.

It's the one thing I use all the time. I rarely use rulers, but have recently purchased some of Deloas.

Just haven't had the time to try them out.

My hands don't work well enough to hold rulers for long periods of time.

I also love my Basic Hartley Fence. (No Stencils) :(

It allows me to lay down an array of Base designs. Then I go back and can fill with an assortment of designs.

No two quilts look the same.

Laura

I have two tools: The Needle Nose applicator and Fray Check from Cindy Roth's Longarm University website. I secure all my starts & stops using this needle nose applicator and fray check. Cindy also has a tutorial about this on the website.

http://www.longarmuniversity.com/Bookstore%20pages/notions_images/Fray_Check_and_bottle.JPG

Tool number 2 is Carol Olson's Fine Line Quilters ruler. I have tried many straight rulers, but this one works the best for me. The white shadows you see through the ruler is some type of very fine velcro. I like the two acrylic "pegs" on the top of the ruler to move and keep it in place. There are two straight sizes. This is the 8" inch. Carol has also come out with a curved version similar to DeLoa's boomerangs.

www.accentsindesign.com

post--13461907044682_thumb.jpg

My favorite tool (that I use all the time) is my dental pick (hook) for ripping out stitches, or when I run out of bobbin I use it for pulling out to a point or seam line so I can tie and bury.

I have a few handy rulers. My faves are Janet Lee's and the Dainty Ditcher and the Apple Core made by Sherry Rogers Harrison. Oh and I have DeLoa's castle and her appliguide, too.

Archived