Thread cabinet

Beachside Quilter

Originally posted by LTZQLTR

Vickie,

It was great to see your thread cabinet up close and personal on Saturday. Your DH did such a fabulous job. And lucky you, your DS was able to organize all your threads. That was a big job. If only my DH was a carpenter instead of in medicine. But it cuts way down on the doctor bills! :)

:P:P I am doubly blessed, Debbie, and if you add my pups, quadruply blessed!! It was great to see you and Brian!!

Thanks, everyone for the lovely compliments. I'm passing them all along to my husband (making his head swell!).

Someone asked about the threads; I just purchased the entire 116 collection of "big cones" by Metro and have them mixed in with my SO Fine cones. I have Rainbows, Bottom Line, KT, and other specialty threads on glass shelves along the back of cabinet. The swing out doors will hold 3 spools deep and 8 spools across on each shelf, but I only have them 2 deep now to allow for expansion. You just know I'm gonna find more colors I gotta have!! They do look like candy and I smile every time I go in my studio.:P:P

Originally posted by chermitch

I like the cabinet but love all your thread!!!!Wow you have a lot!!!

LOL, that collection of Metro makes it look like a bunch. I finally broke down and ordered the whole collection like a lot of the folks here on the forum have done. It is a wonderful range of several shades in each color and makes it easy to find just the right shade.

I am enjoying having them so accessible and on display for easy color matching and choosing!

Archived