Lenni stops sewing

Hi all, I am from sunny Australia and a newbie on this forum. I have had my lenni for a year now having bought from someone in Aus who was trading up! My lenni is computerised with a saddle stitcher. I am having two separate problems at the moment. First lenni will just stop sewing while the saddle stitcher keeps on going merrily, so I have to stop and the backspace pattern and set it off again no problem except it is annoying as I have to keep a very close eye on it. Lenni has also stopped when I have been running it to spray the bobbin area with WD40. The second and it only started doing this yesterday, it is stalling/jerking mid pattern so the pattern is out of timing and then it is overlapping, now I am unpicking grrr.

I hope someone has some suggestions for me!!:)

Thanks Cheryle

Hi Cheryle

I,m sorry I can't help you out with the Sidesaddle problem as I just do freehand on my Lenni. Have you contacted the Sidesaddle people, who may be able to walk you through the problem? It sounds like the computers may be having trouble talking to each other, or perhaps it's just something simple that you're not aware of. Hopefully a computerised stitcher will jump in soon with some suggestions.

Best of luck.

Judy

Thanks for the suggestions, I removed the brushes yesterday and gave them a clean and used compressed air and vacuum cleaner. I have done some air sewing and lenni hasn't stopped, I have also had an email from Jennifer Kay from side saddle with some suggestions on the shudder, now I just have to have the confidence in my machine to go and start quilting again very daunting on someone elses quilt :) Cheryle

You need to run Lenni disconnected from the computer and see if it happens. it will need to be determined if it is Lenni issue or some kind of communication issue between computer and machine. But disable/turn off however you disengage the side saddle and run Lenni freehanded and see if it still happens.

Then it will be easier for service to diagnose the problem if it is machine issues.

Thanks Patty, Have now run Lenni disconnected from the saddle stitcher and after it stopped twice I thought maybe this will be answer, interestingly though the longer lenni is running the fewer times it stops, sort of like it needs a warming up time. The room where it is kept is not damp or extra cold and is heated/cooled when needed. You will be pleased to know that I have fixed the shudder though.

Cheryle:)

Archived