Needle Up Down not stopping!

simplydivine

My needle up/down is not behaving. It won't do a single stitch up or down. Sometimes it stops after 14 up/downs. sometimes it doesn't stop at all and I have to shut the machine off.

Also, the lights on the back of the machine are not registering a stop. When I quilt in SR mode, I press any key to stop. Except there are 3 lights on the right-hand side are indicating that I have not stopped. Left message for service.

any suggestions? In the middle of a quilt, of course.

I have a Millie 2005 which was rewired in 2008.

I just read a post on this the other day. There's a screw on the machine that you turn to stop this. I have the new wiring so mine is on the back right side of the machine. It has a black plastic "thing" covering the hole. When you take it out there's a little gold screw there, make sure your machine is turned off and turn it to the right a little. Then check to see if you're OK. If you have the older wiring it's on the top of the machine and I think you have to take off some screws.

If you are facing the machine, at the needle. look back on the left side. Alll the way back, there is a little black plug. Pop it out, and that is where the needle up down screw is. Small. Maybe that's what you did?? I don't know the "number" of the screw. Worked like a charm for me. After Dawn walked me through it! :P

If that doesn't do the trick, then it might be in your wiring of the mushrooms on your handles.

Archived