Long Arm Work Apron

LadyLake

I have one given to me, waist down length, and 5 pockets, two small ones for pencils, etc, one for holding whatever, it is about 3" wide. then a wide one for holding threads, small fabric nips, etc, and then another that is about 3"wide. Will post a pict later.

I use one of the retro aprons by Cindy Taylor Oats--love her patterns--I just add a pocket across the front. I like the ones that have strings the go over the sholders and criss cross in the back---that way it does go around my neck. When the strap goes around my neck it seems to pull. I tried to attach a photo of the book--hope it works--I use the one with the ruffle on the left side of the cover--just because it is fun!! and I eliminate the pocket on top--because I have enough going on there already!!

Terri

post--13461907215524_thumb.jpg

Joan:

Do you have any of the aprons left from the MN shop hop a couple of years ago? They were a gold color with a few small pictures in the fabric with the names of all the MN lakes printed on it. They were sooooo long when we got them at the quilt shop that I took mine and shortened it. Took less than 10 minutes. I grabbed the fabric at the top of the pocket and brought the fold up towards the neck to a depth of the pocket. Then simply stitched down the sides those few inches, stitched two lines down to divide the fold into three pockets. The right pocket is actually a double pocket as the original apron pocket is on top of the fold.

I like the full apron rather than one that ties at my waist as it helps keep the batting fuzz off the front of my shirts.

Archived