Printing Pantos

caryas

I was wondering if anyone knows of a reasonable priced printer that accepts roll paper and the ability to print in 12' lengths? I have found quite a few printers that will print on roll paper but they always seem to have a length limit that would prevent me from printing the long lengths I need. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Janet

• 5 weeks later...

Epson used to have roll paper/banner functions - they may still have, I just haven't checked recently. I had an Epson 1280 for a long time and used the roll paper function a lot. My Canon I have now does not have the roll/banner function, but I design in CorelDraw and can print an oversized file on continuous sheets and tape together. Hope you find something!

Marci

Ultimate I

Guest Linda S

Several of the designers now sell digital versions of their patterns that you are allowed to print one copy of in any size you want for use on your machine. If you have the capability, it can be very useful. It's almost like buying a computerized design -- those of us with IQs or Statlers or CompuQuilters can use the pattern in any size we like, so you have the same use, but just have to print them.

Read the copyright instructions on the panto. Some designers will allow you to make a larger or smaller size to fit your machine.

Anything that involves copyright, read the fine print for specifics / instructions. Or contact the designer via email or phone. I would venture to bet that 99% of the time the designer will say yes and allow you to make the appropriate size copy at Kinkos.

Archived