thread cutter not cutting

aktbone

Of course - APQS is close and my thread cutter is not cutting. I know it is not the end of the world but I really like this feature. I need to get this quilt off the machine to load another. Any help tonight would be greatly appreciated. If not I will call them in the morning.

Hi Tonilyn,

Check for a blown fuse. Look in the manual for location and also where the extras are stored. Does the lever move at all? Sometimes the lever arm gets offset and it will not run between the two cutter razors. Look again in the manual--you will need to slightly loosen those tiny tiny tiny screws that hold the razors so there is a fraction more space between them for the lever arm to pull the thread into. If the lever arm doesn't move at all and it isn't a fuse--call tomorrow.

In the meantime, pull up your bobbin thread at the end of stitching and cut it at the top.

Procedure--when you stop a line of stitching make three stitches on top of each other by holding the needle up button continuously until three stitches are made. Needle up, push the head about 5 inches away, take the top thread in your left hand, bring the needle back to the exit hole, needle down into or right next to the exit hole, needle up and again push away about three inches and use the top thread to pop the bobbin thread above the fabric. Holding the loop of bobbin thread and the top thread tight, clip at the top of the stitch.

I hope it's an easy fix. I use my thread cutter all the time.

Tonilyn,

It will help when you call to know what exactly you mean by "not cutting". If the puller arm is taking the thread over to the two knives but it isn't slicing the thread, then the two blades may need adjustment. However, if the arm isn't moving, or there is a problem with the switch, we will need to look at the needle positioner lights and the handle switch to help diagnose the trouble and get a solution.

Try it from the back of the machine to Be sure it isn't a handle malfunction. We will talk to you tomorrow!

A few weeks ago my thread cutter wouldn't work, turned the machine off then on and it would work again until the next time I wanted and no noise, no movement, just like the command wasn't being delivered, hasn't done it since and your problem just reminded me what a pita it is when it doesn't work. Maybe she was just having a bad day!!

• 1 year later...

My 2013 Millie (new) was not cutting the bobbin thread. I tightened both small screws on the top of the cutter and now it cuts. Great. I assumed it was cutting and wasted a lot of bobbin thread for a couple of M sized ones. Now I should be able to get great use of the bobbins. Love my new Millennium.

Archived