MQX EAST 2012

DB

Guest Linda S

I'll have to see how my budget is doing early in 2012 -- I went to MQX East for six straight years and didn't go last year because I went to MQX West (which I will again in 2012), but I really missed not going to the eastern show. I'd like to go in 2012.

Depending on when everyone arrives would anyone be interested in a day trip/shop hop to Cape Cod? I have a 7 passenger van and would be willing to do the driving. I'm in MA and have been to the Cape many times but thought it would be fun to do as a group.

Dianne

No Vicki,

I think it got off to a late start, most people had already made their plans, signed up to classes and if I remember correctly in rained cats and dogs on the day I was hoping to go. I just thought it would be fun because there are some nice quilts shops out on the Cape, if you haven't been, it's a nice side trip (although in the summer it's nicer but 100 times more crowded).

Dianne

Dianne,

I used to live on the cape, on Otis ANGB back in the late 80's and would love to do a trip back again, was not so much into quilting then, I had 3 young girls that I sewed clothes for instead...I am planning to go up with a friend this year - (I think my dtr was very patient with the quilts but has other plans this year), and so it will depend on our travel plans...but it does sound fun!

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Primitive1

Dianne,

I used to live on the cape, on Otis ANGB back in the late 80's and would love to do a trip back again, was not so much into quilting then, I had 3 young girls that I sewed clothes for instead...I am planning to go up with a friend this year - (I think my dtr was very patient with the quilts but has other plans this year), and so it will depend on our travel plans...but it does sound fun!

Small world, we live on Otis too in the early 80's My husband was in the Coast Guard and worked out of Wood's Hole. We love the area.

Heidi, the closest military base is probably Newport Navy Base. I used to fly into Providence and drive to Newport to teach. Rita when I went to the show in 2009, we took the train. The fare was reasonable and the train station is a 5 minute walk from the convention center. The only drawback is that the train is "slow".

Archived