Atlanta Classes Reminder

Early Christmas Treat for yourself :)

Machine Seminars will be held December 1st and 2 nd for anyone wanting to try learn about and try APQS machines.

Coming to Duluth, Ga

December 3-7, 2006

Longarm Quilting Workshop

Featuring Award Winning Quilter and Instructor

Myrna Ficken

Reservations are being taken now for

Longarm workshops

To be held at

Country Inn & Suites Atlanta /Gwinnett Plc. Mall

3530 Breckenridge Blvd.

Duluth, Ga. 30096

Phone: 678-405-2900

Your instructor for these classes will be Myrna Ficken of St. George, Utah. Myrna is a talented quilter with 7-plus years experience in longarm quilting. She has traveled and taught at shows and events both domestically and internationally. This is your opportunity to learn from a very experienced, skilled longarm educator in a casual and enjoyable relaxed atmosphere.

Visit Myrna?s website at www.aquilterschoice.com or http://community.webshots.com/user/myrna316 to see her award winning work.

Class schedule:

December 3, 2006, 9:00 - 4:00 $200.00

No cost for new APQS owners that have not had this class.

Start-up Class:

If you?re thinking about starting a machine quilting business of your own, or if you?ve just begun to create your business, this may be a very valuable class for you. Spend some time with me and I?ll start with the basics of a longarm business. I?ll share my 7-plus years? experience operating my own business and relate to you some important information about marketing your services and building your customer base. We?ll go through lots of information about order/consultation forms, thread selection and suppliers, batting selection and suppliers, samples and the important role they play in your business. In the second half of this class we will go to the machine to learn how to load a quilt, adjust tension, thread machine, use laser light to do pantographs and blocks. Let me share with you the things I?ve learned through operating my business and you can learn from my experiences. This is not a quilting class but a start up class for beginners.

Dec. 4, 2006, 9:00 - 4:00 $200.00

Second step!!! Beginner, how do I quilt this.

Now that you know you can really do this, it is time to get going on those customer quilts! Not to worry, it's a walk in the park. I will show you in more detail how to use pantos, turn corners and then turn the quilt to continue border designs. It's easy to quilt a block designs and do simple fillers to give a more custom look to the quilt. How about working with stencils? You say you want to finish the day off with some easy freehand quilting. Let's get started on the second step. Please bring quilt tops you might want to talk about.

Dec. 4, 2006 5:00 - 8.00 PM $ 75.00

Basic Maintenance

Oiling , timing and tensions, wheel and carriage adjustments, cleaning , when, how, and why, etc.

Dec. 5, 2006, 9:00 - 4:00 $200.0

In the following class it DOES NOT matter the brand of machine you have . You will be learning designs and techniques.

Just Do It: Hands On Class

This is a beginner to intermediate level class in which you will learn some fun techniques for fillers, flowers, and all kinds of jazzy, funky, cool freehand designs that can be used on any quilt. We?ll learn some fast and easy edge-to-edge designs and do some thinking ?outside of the box.? We?ll work with designing a border and carrying parts of the design on through the sashings and into the blocks. We?re going to spend some time on stitching in the ditch and some alternatives to ditchwork. Bring quilts for discussion as time allows! This is a busy class, loaded with lots of great information and ideas!!

December 6, 2006, 9:00 - 4:00 $200.00

Let?s Get It On With The Hartley Fence / Combined with Creating Spaces below: (Hands On Class)

**Workbook available for purchase. Please bring your book to class if you have one.

This is a beginner/intermediate level class. I?ll show you how easy it is to use your Hartley Fence to stitch perfect circles and perfectly straight diagonals for crosshatching your quilts. We?ll go over mounting the device to the table and go through all the basics as we discover design ideas for circles and diagonals and look at some quilts that showcase the beauty of these designs. We?ll move on to the Cookie Cutter Stencils and begin to show you some of the hundreds of designs that can be accomplished with the various shapes of Cookie Cutters available to us. Excellent class for those who own these tools and are ready to ?Get It On? and start making some $$ with these creative tools! Also a great class for those who don?t have a Fence yet and are contemplating the purchase of a circle-making device.

Creating Spaces. This is a beginner/intermediate level class. One of my favorite things to do is to transform a quilt by creating new spaces within it. We can add to blocks, borders, sashings, etc. Learn to use your imagination and allow it to take you to spaces of your own creation on the quilt. We?ll see how easy it is to use tools that you may already own and we?ll also learn to use whatever we might have on hand! Then we'll discover what to do in these spaces! You have permission to have FUN in this class!!

Dec. 7, 2006 9:00 - 4:00 $200.00

The Fabulous Feather: (hands on class)

This is an intermediate level class, but confident beginners should accept this class as a bit of a challenge. So many feathers?.so little time! Whether yours are long and narrow, short and wide, spiky, curvy, fluffy or flat --- everybody loves feathers! We?re going to get started with our most simple feather designs and we?ll work them up to a sizzle! C?mon guys and gals! You?ll love this class not only for the feathers, but also for the other elements and ideas that you?ll carry over into other designs. I?ll show you some different techniques as well, including a bit of faux trapunto, trapunto, wreaths, swags, and decorative threads. Its all designed to make those feather designs blaze on your quilts! Bring your imagination, pencil and paper along with a full dose of energy and attitude!

Classes must be prepaid to hold your spot. Contact info to register, myrna@tksinc.us or myrna@apqs.com 435-229-2703 cell or 435-635-7900 studio

Archived