MQS 2012 - Who's Going???

barbm

I registered yesterday. :) A friend and I are planning on driving from NC this year. Can't wait!

MQS and MQX are both machine quilters shows. There is also QwM (Quilting with Machines) in Huron, OH.

MQS is put on by IMQA and has been in Overland Park, KS recently, but will be moving after this year (I think) to Wichita.

MQX has 2 venues - East in Provendence, RI and West in Portland.

I always go, though there aren't many classes I need to take anymore. I have learned tons over the last few years while attending and have quite a thick binder of notes, handouts and pictures. My style has really evolved thanks to those classes. The show always inspires and humbles me. I blast in on Tue. night, take the Judging class and an EQ7 class on Wed., buy some thread, take in the quilt show and blast back out very early Thurs. morning.

• 2 months later...

I'm not familiar with US 63 through Arkansas but I have a lot of friends who live in AR and I will ask them what that area is like. You will be traveling through Mamoth Springs, AR right at the AR/MO border. There is a state park and you might find some interesting things to see. I think the drive will be beautiful through the area. You go through West Plains, MO on that route and it is 75 miles from where I live. If you want to take an extra day to get to KC you are welcome to stay with me Sunday night. I'm not leaving for KC until Monday.

Here's a good web site that might help. http://www.arkansas.com/default.aspx We're in the Ozarks area, about 45 miles SE of Branson, MO.

Bass Pro Shop main store is in Springfiled if you feel the need to stop. Take Hwy. 13 north out of Springfield. At Clinton 13 becomes Hwy. 7. continue north to Hwy. 71, north to I-435, then west to the convention center.

If I can help any more just let me know, and I'll let you know what I learn from my friends about the area. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Guest Linda S

I can't go unless business really picks up. I've booked a bunch of getaways with my favorite peeps this year and will be going to MQX East and West. I had hoped to go to MQS this year, but I think I'll have to wait till next year.

Archived