Christmas Countdown: How many do you have left?

AHuffman

I'm down to:

3 Edge to Edge

3 custom

3 Tshirt quilts from scratch

It is Dec 2.

I did 8 this past week and added a few more. That was 2 per day and there was no way I could have done that on my own.

I'm doing the happy dance (Christmas Version) here!

:)

I think I can get these knocked out and have a Christmas too! How many do you have left?

Angela I am exhausted reading your list and the fact that you did 8 in a week. How do you do that? I have a vintage on the frame should finish in the morning, then a custom, and 3 semi customs. Now if they would just lay me off now instead of Dec. 30 I might breath easier about finishing them in time.

Customer quilts--one simple with block quilting and a stipple on the frame. I should finish it today.

One at 2 1/2 cents--easy-ish sampler.

Two custom.

I hope to finish before the 15th--my self-imposed deadline so I can enjoy Christmas with family and actually put up a tree!

In those final days I will quilt one top that was pieced by my sister. She patiently waits until I can fit in her pretty stuff.

ONE! I have 15 in line for January, but I'm taking Dec. off. I can't wait to work on the 5 I have in line for me as well as some PJ's for the girls, a skirt, a cloak, and some piecing.

Unfortunately, the one I have leftt is 118 inches long and a Drunkard's path that she wants sitched 1/4 inch in for every block. I hope I don't fall asleep while working on it.

We have 6 E2E tops.... 1 t shirt quilt..... 4 custom pillow cases..... and 1 custom breast cancer quilt from scratch. Since we have gotten busier my daughter and SIL use the millie and I do everything that has to be done on the domestic machine. When will I ever get my chance to learn??? I was afraid of it for the first 2 years and now that I'm not they won't let me near it!!!! They are afraid they won't get to use it anymore. They keep telling me what a great team we make but I dunno. Mel comes in the morning and quilts til afternoon. Candi comes in the afternoon and quilts til evening. I bind a LOT. Did I mention I hate binding? I cut the backing and batting (hate that too). I cut, iron, and sew everything but I don't hardly ever touch the millie. I think I may need a promotion :D

Originally posted by cblevins

We have 6 E2E tops.... 1 t shirt quilt..... 4 custom pillow cases..... and 1 custom breast cancer quilt from scratch. Since we have gotten busier my daughter and SIL use the millie and I do everything that has to be done on the domestic machine. When will I ever get my chance to learn??? I was afraid of it for the first 2 years and now that I'm not they won't let me near it!!!! They are afraid they won't get to use it anymore. I think I may need a promotion :D

Well my friend, I think you need a promotion too!!:P

Look at January's bookings and find a day that is free. Or fit a day in between bookings. Pencil yourself in for 6 hours of quilting. Either a customer quilt or one of your own. You need to elbow yourself into the line-up and hand some of the prep work off to the rest of them! Fair's fair--I think you passed the rookie stage!

(If they are reluctant, tell them it is a Christmas present from them to you!)

Originally posted by cblevins

We have 6 E2E tops.... 1 t shirt quilt..... 4 custom pillow cases..... and 1 custom breast cancer quilt from scratch. Since we have gotten busier my daughter and SIL use the millie and I do everything that has to be done on the domestic machine. When will I ever get my chance to learn??? I was afraid of it for the first 2 years and now that I'm not they won't let me near it!!!! They are afraid they won't get to use it anymore. They keep telling me what a great team we make but I dunno. Mel comes in the morning and quilts til afternoon. Candi comes in the afternoon and quilts til evening. I bind a LOT. Did I mention I hate binding? I cut the backing and batting (hate that too). I cut, iron, and sew everything but I don't hardly ever touch the millie. I think I may need a promotion :D

You absolutely need a promotion. I say that Millie is solely yours in the month of January!!

I have 2 custom to do. I got called on 2 other T-shirt quilts but I just told them I didn't think i could get it done and didn't want to ruin anyone's Christmas. I told them I could do it after Christmas if they wanted to give a picture of one or such! I am down right now as I had a bit of elective surgery. I'll be back on my game by next week I think!

Customer:

3 antique quilts to be quilted as gifts to the owner's children

1 lap size quilt (gift)

1 queen size (promised in December before the "gifts" came in

3 T-shirt quilts (from scratch).... (not a hard deadline but I really hoped to get them done before christmas

NQR: Make slip cover a very large chair and a half + ottomon for my brother (giving him the repurposed furniture and a coffee table for christmas)

3 QOVs to be done by 12/31/2011

Already have 2 t-shirt quilts lined up for January (from scratch)

One lap quilt for my mom that has "no deadline" but I have had it since August (it keeps getting triaged down on the list)

I am sure there is something else but I can not remember --- and as for sewing for myself or any other family member --- they get an IOU!!!!!!!!!!

Customer quilts before Christmas...SEVEN, but two are small, and all are custom except one! Need to figure out how to schedule better next year, but thankful for the business!! Then I need to finish my in-law's 50th wedding anniversary quilt to give to them for Christmas (their anniversary was 2 weekends ago and it's a signature quilt so I had most of the blocks signed the day of their reception). Top is pieced, no borders, but still waiting on a few blocks that will go on the pieced backing. If I have any hair left when this is over with, I'll be thankful!

I'm done with customers until after the new year. I always leave Thanksgiving to NY's for me and my family. I have plenty to keep me busy and I just don't need more stress. I finally got the BAQ done after 75 - 80 hours of quilting time. Whew that was intense. My customer still needs to pick up so as soon as I hear from her I'll be happy.

Customer quilts done

My quilts not done -- 1 for DH, 1 for the family room, guild raffle quilt that I designed. Plus some small projects, I would like to get done, but don't have to.

But my house was completely decorated on Monday, and I am almost done with the shopping for Christmas.

Originally posted by Sharond

Customer quilts done

My quilts not done -- 1 for DH, 1 for the family room, guild raffle quilt that I designed. Plus some small projects, I would like to get done, but don't have to.

But my house was completely decorated on Monday, and I am almost done with the shopping for Christmas.

Wow, Sharon! You are doing GREAT!

Archived