HELP !!

quiltingnanny

If it's Monopoly, thread through two holes above the tensioner instead of three--go down the first hole and up the third hole. Loose tension almost to the point of no tension, top loose on the frame, stand on one foot and hold your tongue like this.... Oh, sorry! Forget those last two things......:P Most invisible threads like the fewest tension points you can manage. It should pull through the needle with very little effort. Bobbin tension loose as well--I set it at 15 on the Towa gauge and use a thin poly in the bobbin--BottomLine usually.

I solved the problem ! Threw it in the garbage can. I got it at MQS last year, several of the 'girls' got some and tried it. Said worked fine. That's KC girls, they had immediate use of machines. I had already changed the needle and I use sewers aid on a piece of batting over thread guide. it would sew for about 12 inches or so and fray. It won't now ! :mad: Glenda

I use it all the time also. I use the thread holder added on the front of the machine, a sock and only go thru one hole right above tension knob. You might have a little nick on one of the little corkscrew thread holders, just turn them a little bit with a screw driver. And don't go too fast. Used it today and wil finish with it tomorrow. Hang in their, each thread has its little quirks.

Shirley

Guest Linda S

I've never had a problem running MonoPoly, if that's what you meant. Actually, since I started longarming in 2004, I've used a size 16 needle for EVERYTHING, and there's no thread I can't get to work. Just a matter of adjusting the tension. I do occasionally use a thread sock if it's a thread that falls off the cone easily, but that's it. Try going to the Superior Threads site, and look under thread education. There's a lot of information there on twist, tension, etc.

Guest Linda S

I've never had a problem running MonoPoly, if that's what you meant. Actually, since I started longarming in 2004, I've used a size 16 needle for EVERYTHING, and there's no thread I can't get to work. Just a matter of adjusting the tension. I do occasionally use a thread sock if it's a thread that falls off the cone easily, but that's it. Try going to the Superior Threads site, and look under thread education. There's a lot of information there on twist, tension, etc.

Archived