Advice on buying a used machine

sdaurio

WELCOME to the forum!

The things that I consider "must haves" are the automatic advance, stitch regulator, m&m wheels and the foot controlled height adjustor for the table. You probably should try several so you know what your "must haves" are. If you find the APQS dealer in your area they can answer your questions and help you find what you need.

Below is a copy of my post from earlier in the week. Where do you live? Lenni is a sweet machine, great for starting out in the ling arm. The throat is 20" so you have lots of room to quilt. Let me know if I can be any more help or answer any questions.

I am selling my 2008 Lenni on a 10 ft Steel Frame.

Also including parts to make 5 ft frame!!!

Even though this is an '08 model, it's only been used for demonstartions so is "like new"!!

Will deliver and set-up within a reasonable distance, to be determined!!

Buyer responsible for Shipping Costs beyond that reasonable distance.

Also including Beginner's orientation usually reserved for purchases thru APQS.

I am located in Perry, Michigan (central between Lansing and Flint)

Please feel free to give me a call with any questions!!!

517-304-6954

Price: $7,900

Reduced to $7000!!!!

• 7 months later...

Hello, I am looking at purchasing a used 2006 Millie and was wondering what features were standard on these machines when new?? Are the features on the 2012 Millie very similar to the 2006 Millie features? Is there any information on how to set up and tear down the machine if I purchase it as the sellers are selling it for a relative. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks:)

I just bought a used 2000 milli and I am very pleased with it . I thought I was buying a 2003 model ,serial number is very important on identifying the year it was manufactured . APQS was very helpful in helping me with my machine ,I replaced the machine and carrage wheels and a few other minor things and it runs like a champ . Service after the sale was a big factor in my choice of a longarm machine ,I live so far away from everything so I wanted a work horse without the head ache of breakdowns . I have also learned so much just following this group also ,good luck

Originally posted by agh

Hello, I am looking at purchasing a used 2006 Millie and was wondering what features were standard on these machines when new?? Are the features on the 2012 Millie very similar to the 2006 Millie features? Is there any information on how to set up and tear down the machine if I purchase it as the sellers are selling it for a relative. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks:)

Welome to the forum. If you are able to get the serial number of the machine you can call APQS and they will be able to confirm the age and what the machine does and doesn't have. I know that the wiring is now different and the on/off switch location and lighting have changed since 2006. There was no Quilt Glide back then but motorized fabric advance may have been standard. There should be a manual for the machine with the instructions that you would need for set up and operation.

Good luck with your machine search.

agh

The features will be just about the same. I believe 2006 still had the flourescent light instead of the led, quilt glide and bliss where not available then. Power quilt advance was standard, a $1350 option now. If the owner doesn't have the manual I am sure you can get one from APQS. I'll bet the service dept. could email the set up instructions with pictures if you need them.

Sue types faster than me.

Archived