uneven table

kisoto

I have a new millennium with bliss and 14 foot table. I have trouble with my machine rolling toward the center of the table from both ends of the table. I don't know why it is doing this except that the center of the table appears to be lower than both ends. What can I do to get my table level? Any help will be appreciated.

While it's possible that your table isn't level, if the head of the machine drifts only towards the center it's caused by the fact that the rails have so little friction the weight of the cord will pull on it. Many with the Bliss system have this problem. While a quilt is loaded the head will stay put, usually. When it's parked, clamp it stationary with your clamps.

Check for level with a regular or laser level. Use it along the bed of the table and also across from rail to rail. Adjustment instructions are in the manual.

Good luck and congratulations on your purchase.

When I went to Bliss, I had the same problem. My husband took the trusses from my old rails and installed them on my new rails. It took a little bit of drilling to accommodate where the holes are in the new rail, but now I have no problem until the last bit of table when the power cord is stretched a lot.

I would think that you could get trusses from APQS or from someone on the forum who upgraded to bliss and doesn't want them. You would need someone to drill the holes just a little bit over and file down the ends. I have photos I can email if you need them.

Julia

Archived