Studio Challenge...No Quilting Required

DoryJM

Okay, so here's the challenge:

Post at least one picture from your studio. That's it...until you post a picture, no fair commenting or asking questions.

I'll start: Here's a picture through the wall that my husband and our friends built today. I'm really liking the size of my space!! 13 x 20 is good!

post--13461907924733_thumb.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Linda S

LOL Dory!!! We're all scurrying off to clean at least one corner of it so you won't all be appalled by what you see in the photo! However, from experience, I can tell you that when I finally let someone see my studio in all its chaos, they usually say . . . mine's much worse! I'll try to take a pic today (after I clean!).

Linda

See, I KNEW you could do it!!:P:D:P:D

Remember...you have to have a pic with the post! Here's one of a very important "part" of my studio. Sheetrock and insulation!

Lisa...that room looks awesome! Are you loving it?? Carmen, I'm loving your design wall and the design that's on it. That looks like a great pattern!!

post--13461907928093_thumb.jpg

Dory, my friend Lisa C's wonderful hubby is building me an awesome cutting/pressing table. THEN my room will be complete! I will be able to store a lot of the stuff that is in the wire baskets under the longarm. I can't stand clutter. I will post pictures of it when it is done.

OK... here is a cautionary tale from my studio. Do not, repeat NOT, store your wonderful leftovers in anything that looks even remotely like a trash can. You never know when DH is going to wake up feeling 'helpful' and decide to empty the trash for you. I had this bin full of big chunks of fabric scraps, orphan blocks, etc. By the time I discovered what my helpful husband had done, it was too late. Ooops! Nancy in Tucson

Originally posted by DoryJM

Meg, it is pretty. Maybe you should save all those strips to do the wrap around the cord thing with!

great idea. but no. if you could see the squalor i am sewing in, you would understand why.

i have such a bad case of 'take it out, pet it, arrange with other gorgeous colors, set it on the table and walk away' you can't even believe it!

and then there is my other affliction...'that would look so nice with that great set of purples (or blues, greens, golds, reds, orientals...) in my stash, i need to buy 3-5 yards of it before its gone forever'

if i lived to be 200 years old, i would never get to all my plans. not to mention, i'm hardly ever home these days.

i'm not complaining, cause i love my life....i'm a mercurial mess of menopausal madness ~ but it's working for me!

your new space is gonna be great! i bet you can hardly wait. must be frustrating having your LA all covered up and out of commission. hope you're up and running soon!

Let's see if I can get another photo to work. Here's a picture of George in the background, pressing area & DSM are set up at the right of photo and straight ahead, two custom 'islands' where I do the cutting. There is storage below for finished quilts and for projects in the works. Drawers for irons & embellishments. The best part is that the cabinets are on casters...when I need to block a big quilt, they roll apart and I have 3 covered, pinnable boards that sit on top of the cabinets...I can block a quilt up to 85" square without disrupting things in any other room of the house!

post--13461907929112_thumb.jpg

Darn it...that's the wrong photo! You can see the two big cabinets I described, and my design wall in the background. Five panels mounted on a track in front of a closet which contains (mostly) my stash. Will try to get the other photo posted soon. BTW, found the neon sign in a junk store! Nancy in Tucson

Nancy A. in Tucson here. Have I completely confused everyone with the lack of photo, wrong caption, etc. etc.

Here (hopefully) is the studio view I described earlier...George in the background, DSM and ironing take place to the right, cabinets for cutting, storage & blocking on the left. Sorry I have been messing up the photos.

post--13461907929291_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Mrs.A

Nancy A. in Tucson here. Have I completely confused everyone with the lack of photo, wrong caption, etc. etc.

Here (hopefully) is the studio view I described earlier...George in the background, DSM and ironing take place to the right, cabinets for cutting, storage & blocking on the left. Sorry I have been messing up the photos.

love it!!!

Archived