Baked Potato Soup Recipe

Teri Brockman, our Production chief at APQS, is arguably the best cook in Carroll County and surrounding parts. She is one of the reasons why the New Year's resolutions at APQS don't last too long...who can vow to lose weight with yummy goodies like this satisfying potato soup recipe coming in to work every week! :) :)

It was such a hit at the factory yesterday that she graciously offered to share the recipe with the rest of the APQS family. Bon Appetit!

Baked Potato Soup

6 – 8 baked potatoes

2/3 cup butter

2/3 cup flour

6 cups milk (not skim – whole worked great)

Salt and pepper to taste

1 – 2 bunches green onions – chopped

1 lb. bacon, cooked

8 – 16 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

8 oz. sour cream

Bake potatoes and scrape out middle. Melt butter – add flour. Stir constantly for 1 minute.

Slowly add milk (1/2 – 1 cup at a time) whisking as you add.

Add potato pulp, salt, pepper, ½ of onion, ½ of bacon, and most of cheese. Stir until cheese is melted then add sour cream.

Use remainder of onions, bacon, and cheese for toppings.

YUM! Baked potato soup must be the latest soup craze. My sister gave me a similar recipe. I had ham left from Christmas and use it instead of bacon, and red onion instead of the green. Pre cooked the onion along with celery and grated carrot. It makes a great meal, along with a loaf of home made bread. Yummy!

• 3 months later...

mmmmmmmm ,saving this one ,I am addicted the the Campbells Baked Potatoe and cheese soup . Thanks Dawn ,I will be calling next week ,changing brushes on the motor sounded complicated ,I knew I found a winner with APQS and its great staff !!! Thanks again for all your help, if it all works out I might be putting my order in for brand new and blissed next year ! Queenie

• 8 months later...

I am the cook at my workplace. I am always making food for our group and everyone in the plant thinks I have enough for them. This recipe sounds wonderful and I will be making it soon. I purchased an electric pressure cooker and it is so nice to take to work and whip up meals in. I fixed beef and noodles the other day and no one could believe it was so easy. Of course I had my noodles made and just cooked the meat at work. Thanks for the recipe am looking forward to making this.

Archived