My ( blank ) aholic is:

RitaR

Mine I Quilt Pattern- aholic

I love browsing through quilt patterns online. Some bought a lot free from generous quilting blogs and quilt fabric sites. I save all the PDF files on my computer , though lately my iBook library on my iPad is getting rather full of quilt patterns. Strangely though I rarely follow a quilt pattern completely :)

Rita I also love scissors, and the BLANK- aholic could be applied to a few other things , like accuquilt dies, to name but one LOL:P:P:P

Hmmm- generally speaking a fabric-aholic. But after 40+ years of conspicuous over-consumption, I'd have to admit that I am the lowest of the low---an everything quilting-aholic. I am a quilt shop owner/online website owner's sweetest dream! I buy(bought) pretty much everything anyone would sell, sometimes in duplicate or triplicate ad infinitum. I used to dress my compulsion up in the reasoning that I was stockpiling for my retirement years when the funds wouldn't be there to purchase frivolous things. Well here I am on the doorstep of retirement and I am surrounded (think the tv show Hoarders) with my mountains of stuff. I have dedicated myself to digging my way out of this. I may not live long enough to finish the task, but at least I have started the journey.

Sally

LOL, these answers are so cute when read from my end.. guess I better admit to fabric too. I don't keep any quilts I make, ( I've only kept two in 17 years of quilting, so am really afraid of running out of compatible fabrics. With the prices up over $12 per yard, retirement pay just doesn't "get it". I've a lot to use and it is getting organized into smaller folds etc so I can see them easier.

Anyway, I do tend to stockpile colors to go with what I already have. I make Quilts of Valor and Community Service Quilts.. which go to a special Ed school, or the Haven House for battered men, women and children..Christian Outreah, some went to the tornado victims, and one will go to a Habitat For Humanity later this month when the house is dedicated to the family.

Anyway that keeps me busy making.

I still need fabrics in the yellow and brown families..

Shall count my scissors tomorrow.. I started today and gave up at about 11 pair and hadn't even hit the big box yet. I'm really bad.

I love Batik too!!!

Except I like to go to Bali & pick it off the racks myself. I then try & squish as many metres into my suitcase that I can legally carry on to the plane.

I have been known to leave behind my clothes & shoes so that I can bring home more Batik!:cool:

Shana and Jenny, Love hearing the reasoning and how the results came about..

Very inventive..

Shana, did the big Anchorage storm get up your way? I believe we'd have heard about it, if it had.

Those poor souls need all kinds of help..

These answers are all a smile maker and still just as cute as the first bunch..

Thanks for letting us know your "weakness". :D:D:D:P

Archived