Singer Featherweights For Sale

I don't know whether anyone here is interested in buying a Singer Featherweight, but I thought I'd let everyone know that I repair, refurbish, and sell them. I have an inventory of several machines, both 221's and 222's. Some common models, and some pretty rare. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks. Jim (Ult2, w I/S Turbo and a lot of other good stuff)

Hi Jim! :) I bought a Singer 221 from ebay in late 2010 for around $300.00. Her name is Elsie Mae. She was born in 1956 and came with her original case, feet, owners manual and the original foot pedal. She's very cute, in great condition and I enjoy sewing on her.

if I would have known you fix and sell them I would have bought one from you... mmmm maybe some day I'll call you and get Elsie Mae a friend.

Kristina: I do not have a crinkle machine. I've been told there are only about 30 of them still in existence.

Barb, I don't have a web site nor price list. Each machine is pretty much priced based on it's cosmetics. and relative rarity. They start at about $300, and most are in quite good cosmetic condition. I have some 230V ones that sell for about $50 less than the 115V models-they come with voltage converters- for the cost conscious buyers. All have been completely cleaned, broken or missing parts replaced, serviced, and I'll warrant them for 60 days. I also offer a money back guarantee if when you receive the machine you aren't satisfied with how it looks or sews, send it back and I'll refund your money. I currently have 2 repainted machines, a black 221 made in 1953, and a wine colored 222.

If you want more info, you can contact me by e-mail at: jimatthelake903@yahoo.com. Thanks for the interest. Jim BTW, these old Singers are great sewing machines!

Bonnie here is what I found on the Crinkle:

"Unlike the shiny japan finish on the Standard Featherweight 221, the bed of the Featherweight 221 crinkle machine has a dull textured finish and three parallel grooves cut into the perimeter. Its faceplate is either the standard plated striated faceplate that was introduced on Featherweights during the AH serial number series in 1947 or a plain black faceplate with three vertical grooves down the center."

P.s. when do I pick you up at PDX for the Moxie meeting?

Originally posted by nineva

Bonnie here is what I found on the Crinkle:

"Unlike the shiny japan finish on the Standard Featherweight 221, the bed of the Featherweight 221 crinkle machine has a dull textured finish and three parallel grooves cut into the perimeter. Its faceplate is either the standard plated striated faceplate that was introduced on Featherweights during the AH serial number series in 1947 or a plain black faceplate with three vertical grooves down the center."

P.s. when do I pick you up at PDX for the Moxie meeting?

Thanks Nancy I hadn't a clue what that was as mine are all alike except the end plate. Most are the straight lines but I do have one with the deorated scroll plate.

Don't think I can make t thus time but will try soon. I have a date with the for a knee replacement. So will need to save money for that and time to heal. Sorry would have loved to get back out there.

Linzi,

Are you saying you have heaps of crinkle featherweights!

I have had to purchase my white Featherweights in the UK, they never came to Australia.

I have also bought a few 221 's from the UK too for friends that wanted them.

I have 8 featherweights here now and my husband says that is enough.

I have a black 1951 fw and a white 1965. They come up on uk ebay for £80-£150 which may be a little cheaper than usa. I have wondered about sending a fw over. I don't know anyone here who custom paints them. Have seen some at usa quilt shows and been amazed at the price tags. Will keep a lookout...

JoAnn: If you already have the tan 221K5 and are simply trying to add a JE serial numbered machine to your collection, you won't be interested, but if you're looking to add an initial tan one, the one I have would be a good one to collect. All original, original manual, set of brown screwdrivers, and pristine attachment box, and in quite good condition. The case is also very nice. Jim

• 4 weeks later...

I sold a machine to Shar Schmutz recently, but I still have several others for sale.

For any collectors out there, I have a Blackside model I will let go. A full package, a set of black attachments, several black bobbins, and a "D" ring case.

I have a "white" machine, and a collectable tan one as well as several black ones. Have several 222's too.

E-mail me at: jimatthelake903@yahoo.com if you're interested. Jim

Just to let everyone know, Jim was gem to work with, he went the extra mile to make sure I was happy, the machine came just as he described her and the best part was she already had a name!!! He has been super and quite patient answering questions and helping with technical questions I have had. He gets right back to me via email. I am getting to know "Emma" and enjoying every minute with her. I am a almost half way through piecing my first quilt top on her, then it's off to Mille for a finishing touch! Continued Thanks, Jim!!