Sign in to follow this  
kerileann

want a light batting with good drape and definition

I am a newbie and just researching battings. Gonna be used on my DSM for now. I really prefer natural products and want good definition in my quilting. What would you suggest?

Future owner of a MILLIE VANILLIE!?!?

Or maybe an Innova!?!?

Hands down. Wool. It's my very bestest favorite batting. Next to that Poly Down or Dream Poly.

Bonnie Botts

APQS Sales Rep - Certified Service Technician

APQS Millennium 2006---MJ

APQS Millennium 2004---Lucy

405-533-1025 home

518-935-3832 cell

"Absolute rules are about as useless in making quilts as they are in raising children" Carter Houck---1992

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Sounds like wool is a pretty universal favorite. Bought a Quilters Dream wool today!!! I'm so excited!!! This is my first throw sized project that I will complete!!!

Future owner of a MILLIE VANILLIE!?!?

Or maybe an Innova!?!?

I forgot to say howdy from one Montana girl to another.

Bonnie Botts

APQS Sales Rep - Certified Service Technician

APQS Millennium 2006---MJ

APQS Millennium 2004---Lucy

405-533-1025 home

518-935-3832 cell

"Absolute rules are about as useless in making quilts as they are in raising children" Carter Houck---1992

You said you will be quilting on your DSM. Guess that depends on the size of the DSM. QD wool is very puffy. Yes, it gives good stitch definition, but its going to be hard to cram it into the DSM. Since you are doing a throw size, maybe you will not have too many issues. I quilted a good bit on the DSM before getting a longarm. I liked Hobbs battings becasue they were thinner and designed for DSM quilting. QD 70/30 would also work well, as would their cotton batting. Let us know how you like the QD wool. If it works for you, great. If not, give Hobbs a try. It was my favorite for DSM quilting, and QD is my favorite for longarm quilting.

BDB923036A9F827EF84ACA918FB6F02D.png