January Birthday Block Exchange

CherylUribe

Guidelines:

-Everyone is invited to participate!

-Please commit to this exchange in good faith. We trust and honor you! In exchange please do so in return and follow through with your commitment to make blocks!

-This exchange is Even Steven. You will receive as many blocks as you send.

Receivers:

-Find your Birthday month thread (example: if your birthday in in June, list under the June Birthday Block Exchange post)

- Post your Birthdate

- Color(s) if you have a preference

-Block size if you have a preference

-Block pattern will be the choice of the maker

-Fabric If you have a preference (batik, silk, rayon, 100% cotton etc)

-If you want the block signed, dated etc.

-How you would like to receive. You may not want to post your address. Post: "email me for my address" or something like that.

-Additionally email your info. to Vicki at: dancingstitcher@mac.com for the private master list. She will add you and email you a copy.

-When you have received enough blocks please post on this forum under your birthday month and let Vicki know so she can update the master list.

-Quilt should be finished before your next birthday.

-Photo of finished quilt should be posted here for us to all enjoy!

-Receivers of blocks must reciprocate

Makers:

-Please use quality fabric

-Fabric must be pre-washed

-Send blocks anytime before receivers birth date.

-If desired, include index card with your info. for your returned block.

I already posted on the main post anouncing this. Read the way I suggested we do this as if we get everyone to sign up for the year then we should all have enough blocks to make a quilt.

My info:

Jan 17

block design and size............suprise me and I will make them all play nice.

Color: Jewel colors in tone on tone with a little fabric here and there that is a print to add pazzaz.

Yes please sign the blocks!

Ami Krenzel

ackrenzel@msn.com for mailing address

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would love to hear from the people I made blocks for and see what all the other blocks look like. Please post your "block booty"

Have been enjoying the making and giving...............................can't wait for the receiving.

I've sent out 3 and have more to make today...toooo fun.

I'm new.....got my Millie the end of Oct and have been reading all your emails. Thanks for all your generous help.

Kate Meyers

Hi Sue...you weren't vague, don't worry, I just wanted to know for sure. By the way, just finished your block and it turned out so cute I don't want to give it away!!! But I will :(...probably send January's out early next week.

I was wondering this week what I got myself into...I have guild block of the month (which is a very involved one this year!), doing a block of the month on my own (but it's really a section of the month approx 25x32), joined a Sudoku/quilt-do-ku group (9 month commitment), joined Thimbleberries group at LQS and I'm sure there is another but can't think of it at the moment. Now that I started the Birthday blocks I see how this will be a quick commitment each month and am so glad I joined.

But when will I ever get time to do the ufo's that are waiting to be done in time for the quilt show???? I may have to stop passing out on the couch everynight at 7:30 :D

See ya,

Sandra

Yes, Sandy....

I rec'd it on the 10th, thanks, I sent you a U2U but I guess I screwed up!

Thank you...it was a lot of fun to walk out to the mailbox and find a block waiting for me. It also got me inspired to get started on making blocks for all the other January people...I'll probably mail them out at the start of next week.

Sandra

Happy Birthday January ladies.

I have your blocks ready to mail, but need some mailing addresses. Could the following ladies e-mail me at love2qlt4u@aol.com with their mailing info. Thanks. LindaFritchen

Tsurich

Lindabuvens

sewingupastorm

dtreusch

Also, laststitchstudio, I need all your info. I see your posts, but can't find your info. Thanks again, Barbara

Archived