Sign in to follow this  
LadyLake

Bernina 1260 Premier Quilter WANTED

My sister has one, and know she will never part with it. Good luck in finding one....it really is one of Bernina's best machine.

Bonnie Botts

APQS Sales Rep - Certified Service Technician

APQS Millennium 2006---MJ

APQS Millennium 2004---Lucy

405-533-1025 home

518-935-3832 cell

"Absolute rules are about as useless in making quilts as they are in raising children" Carter Houck---1992

There is one on ebay with a buy it now of $1299 and currently 14 bids. I looked at the picture. It looks exactly like my 1230 except Bernina is in Red and there are some color swipes where the dials are. I wonder what the difference is.

0EC3AB6F88845435631BA7342C5DF11D.png

It's a Lucey for me.

Originally posted by nineva

There is one on ebay with a buy it now of $1299 and currently 14 bids. I looked at the picture. It looks exactly like my 1230 except Bernina is in Red and there are some color swipes where the dials are. I wonder what the difference is.

On the Bernina site you can look at the manual for a 1260. Not familiar with your machine so i don't know what to look for.

Bonnie Botts

APQS Sales Rep - Certified Service Technician

APQS Millennium 2006---MJ

APQS Millennium 2004---Lucy

405-533-1025 home

518-935-3832 cell

"Absolute rules are about as useless in making quilts as they are in raising children" Carter Houck---1992

Joan:

The 1230 is almost the same machine (just doesn't have the same lettering), the 1130 and 1120 and even the 1090, again are very similar with just fewer stitches. All of these machines stitch beautifully, you would not be disappointed with any of them. I know there are some on ebay do a search for bernina 1260, 1230, 1130, 1120 and even the 1090. Good Luck!!!

Karie Dynan

Millennium

www.kariesquilting.com

There is a 1230 on ebay now, has 4 days left. There is an 1130 (seems expensive to me at $1250) there is an 1120 with only 1 hour left at $306 (excellent price)

I've researched these machines and I own a 1230 (LOVE IT) helped my sister purchase one too.

You can buy an excellent 1/4" foot, you have to remember to buy the "old" style foot because "newer" style feed won't work. St. Cloud Sewing Center sells both kinds of feet so I'm sure somewhere near you would too.

If I had the money I would snap up the 1120 in a heartbeat!!!

Karie Dynan

Millennium

www.kariesquilting.com

Originally posted by KDquilter

There is a 1230 on ebay now, has 4 days left. There is an 1130 (seems expensive to me at $1250) there is an 1120 with only 1 hour left at $306 (excellent price)

I've researched these machines and I own a 1230 (LOVE IT) helped my sister purchase one too.

You can buy an excellent 1/4" foot, you have to remember to buy the "old" style foot because "newer" style feed won't work. St. Cloud Sewing Center sells both kinds of feet so I'm sure somewhere near you would too.

If I had the money I would snap up the 1120 in a heartbeat!!!

Thank you for the info, Karie. I passed the word on to my friend.

Joan

You can't go wrong with the older model mechanical Berninas

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

I found out the only difference in the 1230 and the 1260 is the second alphabet and the fancy color swoosh on the machine. I have a very lonely 180E in the back room. LOL. The 1230 is the one I use every day. The 180 finally got drug out of the closet for the first time in over a year to do some fancy machine stitching. You really cannot go wrong with the earlier Berninas. Sometimes I wish I still had my 500 series that I sold when I got the 1230.:):):)

0EC3AB6F88845435631BA7342C5DF11D.png

It's a Lucey for me.

My wife and a friend, both have 1230's, and they love them, but they both piece on old Singers, Featherweights and 301's. The Singers straight stitch so nicely, and nothing really ever goes wrong with the Singers. Unfortunately they can't say the same about the Berninas. My friend Barbara has literally worn her's out, and replacing the worn parts begins to approach the replacement cost.

IMHO the 1230 was probably the best machine Bernina ever made, although the old 830 Records were pretty good too. Jim

I have a 1630 that I bought in 93 or 94 dn LOVE IT.

I keep looking at the new more expensive ones, but just haven't made the leap.

I have used and abused this machine and it keeps on turckin'. wouldn't part with it, even if I bought a 830.

Besides, an 830 would be too heavy to take to classes, sew days and retreats.

I just love Nina!!!!

C5020C995E687C0D98C28C32DBCD1A0F.png

Kelly Summers

Prairie Sage Quilts

prairiesagequilts.com