Bernina 1260 Premier Quilter WANTED

Originally posted by nineva

There is one on ebay with a buy it now of $1299 and currently 14 bids. I looked at the picture. It looks exactly like my 1230 except Bernina is in Red and there are some color swipes where the dials are. I wonder what the difference is.

On the Bernina site you can look at the manual for a 1260. Not familiar with your machine so i don't know what to look for.

Joan:

The 1230 is almost the same machine (just doesn't have the same lettering), the 1130 and 1120 and even the 1090, again are very similar with just fewer stitches. All of these machines stitch beautifully, you would not be disappointed with any of them. I know there are some on ebay do a search for bernina 1260, 1230, 1130, 1120 and even the 1090. Good Luck!!!

There is a 1230 on ebay now, has 4 days left. There is an 1130 (seems expensive to me at $1250) there is an 1120 with only 1 hour left at $306 (excellent price)

I've researched these machines and I own a 1230 (LOVE IT) helped my sister purchase one too.

You can buy an excellent 1/4" foot, you have to remember to buy the "old" style foot because "newer" style feed won't work. St. Cloud Sewing Center sells both kinds of feet so I'm sure somewhere near you would too.

If I had the money I would snap up the 1120 in a heartbeat!!!

Originally posted by KDquilter

There is a 1230 on ebay now, has 4 days left. There is an 1130 (seems expensive to me at $1250) there is an 1120 with only 1 hour left at $306 (excellent price)

I've researched these machines and I own a 1230 (LOVE IT) helped my sister purchase one too.

You can buy an excellent 1/4" foot, you have to remember to buy the "old" style foot because "newer" style feed won't work. St. Cloud Sewing Center sells both kinds of feet so I'm sure somewhere near you would too.

If I had the money I would snap up the 1120 in a heartbeat!!!

Thank you for the info, Karie. I passed the word on to my friend.

I found out the only difference in the 1230 and the 1260 is the second alphabet and the fancy color swoosh on the machine. I have a very lonely 180E in the back room. LOL. The 1230 is the one I use every day. The 180 finally got drug out of the closet for the first time in over a year to do some fancy machine stitching. You really cannot go wrong with the earlier Berninas. Sometimes I wish I still had my 500 series that I sold when I got the 1230.:):):)

My wife and a friend, both have 1230's, and they love them, but they both piece on old Singers, Featherweights and 301's. The Singers straight stitch so nicely, and nothing really ever goes wrong with the Singers. Unfortunately they can't say the same about the Berninas. My friend Barbara has literally worn her's out, and replacing the worn parts begins to approach the replacement cost.

IMHO the 1230 was probably the best machine Bernina ever made, although the old 830 Records were pretty good too. Jim

I have a 1630 that I bought in 93 or 94 dn LOVE IT.

I keep looking at the new more expensive ones, but just haven't made the leap.

I have used and abused this machine and it keeps on turckin'. wouldn't part with it, even if I bought a 830.

Besides, an 830 would be too heavy to take to classes, sew days and retreats.

I just love Nina!!!!

• 7 years later...

I have one for sale. Love this machine but need to sell as I bought a new machine. I am selling it for $1050 plus shipping. I am located in NH. Here is the info and  picture.  I can send you pictures if you send your email.

Bernina 1260 Sewing Machine & table Lots of Accessories & Feet

Legendary Bernina quality and endurance, the 1260 is a very popular  workhorse! One owner, always properly maintained, and cleaned on a regular basis. Every stitch and function works perfectly. 

This 1260 comes with an attachment box containing all 9 standard feet and a button holer that came with the machine. Also included: a hard carrying case, metal Extension Table, original Foot Pedal and Power Cord, a knee lifter that creates a third hand capability, and both printed & digital Manuals. 

The model 1260 features a reverse sewing button, needle down, basting stitches, automatic buttonholes, many other basic and decorative stitches. The machine has 2 panel, one with decorative stitches, block letters/numbers and one with handwriting letters/numbersAdditional accessories valued at $400 include: (5) extra feet including: #12 - Bulky overlock foot, #37 - 1/4” foot, #20 - Open toe embroidery foot, a Big Foot - free motion foot and a walking foot for quilting. Over 100 bobbins in (3) bobbin ring savers. An extra bobbin case for those times you need to change the tension on your bobbin thread for thread painting. See pictures for all items included. 

A 1260 machine is rarely for sale and is coveted by their owners. Reluctantly thinning my collection of machines. The condition is excellent. Asking $1200.

• 1 year later...