My new Bliss Frame

KathG

Hi everyone, I thought I would post a few photos of my new Bliss frame on my 2009 Lenni. The build was relatively easy. Changes the axles on Lenni was a breeze also. I should add my son did the build, and I had the instructions to hand. I am a great believer for following instructions.

Of course everything did not go without incident. My first quilting practice with the Bliss brought to light that the new carriage encoder was faulty. After trying different leads, my son changed the encoder for one from the old setup. Bingo .....was once again a happy camper :)

I have gone from a 10ft to a 12ft frame. The new table is about 4" deeper than the steel table. It also has a manual horizontal channel lock. The table top is a greyish colour, and also has a clear plastic cover to put your pantographs under. That is a nice touch. I have only had the tiniest play and my opinion is that it is extremely smooth. I was hoping today I would get a quilt top put on, but it half term and I am looking after my Granddaughter. So I will do some PPPing, which I actually do need anyway. LOL. Hope the photos show up, as posting from my iPad.

Lets try again Picasa is not playing nice.

post--13461908139156_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Bonnie in Ok

Is it that the bliss system is all in the table and you can put the machine you have on the table or do you have to change out parts on the machine also?

Bonnie,

For me having a Lenni, we hand to change the axles. That was very simple. Just had to take the vertical wheels off the axles, and loosen the clamps and pull out the axles. The screw holes for the horizontal axle were already there on the base of the Lenni. So we just had to screw them in place. The new M & M wheels were already attached to the axles. So no adjusting needed. So yes for me except for changing the axles everything is in the table. I forgot I also got a new Bliss carriage and new roll bearing axles for that.

One thing to remember though is Lenni owners need to buy a complete new Bliss frame, where as Milli/Freedom owners are albe to upgrade their alluminium frames to the Bliss drive system.

Sylvia, thanks :D

If I had turned the camera round and took a photo of my dining room, you would have seen something different. LOL. It does not look that tidy normally, and the floor wants washing. UG..

I don't know about everyone else, but I get it tidy, and then I start a project. Things stay tidy at first, but as the project progresses things get steadily worse till scissors snips seem rippers rulers ect just seem to vanish and hide way from me......LOL:D:P

Kath,

let me know how it goes.....thinking about trading up to a bigger frame...watching the exchange rate closely.....

most of the quilts I have made are at least 100" square.....big is best!!! and think those extra inches would be a huge benefit......just need to persuade someone that......

Originally posted by Borderline Quilter

It looks great Kath, your studio/conservatory is so tidy....your table top is different to mine as mine is nearly black in colour, can yours be used as a light box?

Honestly it's not as tidy as it looks. No you could not use it as a light box. It is similar to the my previous top, except greyish instead of Black.

Vicki yes it does feel smoother.

Cathy, for the Lenni, to upgrade to the Bliss system, you have to buy the complete table, which includes all the bars, new horizontal axles, new encoders and leads. New carriage, also the new M&M wheels for the Lenni axles. So except for Lenni herself everything else is new.

Well isn't that a pretty frame to go with your Little Dove with the super smooth moves! :):) I hope you are as satisfied with your Bliss upgrade as you get to doing a bunch of quilting as I am with mine! It was definitely money well spent. And lucky you for having enough room to get a 12 foot table! Can't wait to see some new quilt pictures. ;)

Archived