stitch regulator issue

jchabott

Recently I have moved, and my machine is now all set up.

As I set it up and had problems with the machine continuing to cycle, after I stopped. I have fixed that issue with adjusting #8 screw.

NOW.... the issue I'm having is with the SR. It stitches beautifully in lines, back and forth... but when trying make a curve, the machine has trouble sensing that it is moving and should be stitiching.

I'm baffled as that is not happening when I move the machine up and down, but to the side is a huge hesitation.

Any advise is appreciated. I'm stumped..

Jc,

Check to see that the two rubber encoder wheels are making good contact with the larger wheels. If the machine is ok left and right, then check the encoder on the left side of the sewing head when you look at the machine from the pantograph side. If it is ok front to back then check the encoder down low on the carriage axle that runs along your back rail. Also check all the electrical connections again. We will get it figured out!

• 6 months later...

Thank you, Dawn. I've had a similar problem intermittently for the past few days. My stitch regulator remained on, light flashing and beep beeping, but when I tried to move the machine, no needle movement was triggered. I thought I'd done/cleaned/double-checked everything, but then I followed your advice to check the small rubber wheels. America's Funniest Videos should have filmed me wrangling an ultra-bright flashlight, a stiff-bristled brush, and compressed air as I went after those hidden spots where the small rubber wheels touch the larger ones!

It seems to be working again, and your advice from 6 years ago really has an enduring quality to it!

Archived