Minky Fabric

I have a customer that wants to put Minky on the back of this quilt. She has suggested the Minky and wants to know what I think.

I've never done anything with Minky and am wondering whether its really any different; especially if she decides she wants custom on this beauty.

Thanks!!!!!

post--13461908211401_thumb.jpg

That looks like a wall hanging to me. Why put Minkee on the back of a wall hanging? I can see if it was for a baby quilt , where the softness of the Minkee would be wonderful, but on this? If it was my quilt, I would like a traditional, cotton fabric backing; definately not Minkee.

BTW, the quilt is gorgeous!!!

I have had no problems - in fact doing one right now. I do like a batting added. I am using the flame retardant batting from Quilters Dream on the quilt I am doing now and it is really coming out nicely - very nice hand and not stiff at all. I am doing free motion custom and ruler work. I would be hesitante to do any micro work - not that it would be hard to do but it might stiffen up a little more than one might want - that is unless it is for a wall hanging and then anything goes.

Using the minkee on the back isn't an impossible doing but why. If she wants custom that means you will be mashing down all the pretty soft fabric defeating the purpose. I would save the minkee for a snuggle couch quilt not one she will be showing in the shows. But this is just my thoughts.

Archived