IQ installation ????

DL Semmens

I know it is probably on this site somewhere but I need to know if when you install IQ do you need a clearance under the machine?

My husband is getting ready to design a custom shelving unit for under my machine to help me keep organized.....which I want.

But I know that I am going to order IQ later this fall. I don't want my shelving unit to prohibit being able to do that.

So could someone let me know what kind of space IQ will need.

THANKS SO MUCH!

Deb,

Do you have Bliss?

If so, the x motor hangs from the front of the table so the drive motor rides along the front rails bottom ridge. It hangs below the front rail about 4 inches.

You can see this a bit better in the video tour I did of IQ mounted on Bliss. You can find the video here:

If you need more specific inches/dimensions- let me know.

HTH!

-Angela

Angela, I have a question, not that I'm buying the Intelliquilter unless I get a lottery win.

I was watching your video of the intelliquilter on the Bliss frame. I could not see the rear ball bearing axle, was it hidden by the intelliquilter power/ junction box.

If one was to buy the intelliquilter for a Blissed Lenni, would the installation be similar to the Millie.

I'm trying to work out in my head if putting a computer system on a Lenni is worth it. With having less quilting space.

Do you or anyone else know what would be the maximum width of pattern size, be it either a block pattern or a pantograph that could be stitched with a Lenni with intelliquilter

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kathy- I replied to your U2U so be sure to check your messages. :)

Also- more info below.

Originally posted by KathG

Angela, I have a question, not that I'm buying the Intelliquilter unless I get a lottery win.

I was watching your video of the intelliquilter on the Bliss frame. I could not see the rear ball bearing axle, was it hidden by the intelliquilter power/ junction box.

The junction box for IQ mounts to the back side of the Bliss carriage and, you are right, it is hard to see but the junction box just hangs off the carriage and doesn't interfere with it in any way.

If one was to buy the intelliquilter for a Blissed Lenni, would the installation be similar to the Millie.

Yep, very similar. Big difference would be that IQ interfaces with the handle connection differently as the Lenni's handles are plugged in differently than a Mille.

I'm trying to work out in my head if putting a computer system on a Lenni is worth it. With having less quilting space.

Do you or anyone else know what would be the maximum width of pattern size, be it either a block pattern or a pantograph that could be stitched with a Lenni with intelliquilter

Thanks in advance for your reply.

The actual amount of stitching space wouldn't change with the addition of a IQ. You'll have the same amount of available stitching area you'd have regardless of whether you have a computer attached. The computer doesn't change your stitching space.

HTH!

:)

Archived