Pellon Legacy batting

You know that Pellon Legacy is doing something right when people remember me from the AQS show in Lancaster from last year to this year. A lady bought batting through me and I had it shipped from Pennsylvania to Massachusetts because there wasn't any place around her that carried it!

It's hard to change minds in the batting business but I love this batting! The AQS long arm instructor that I had at the show in Lancaster swears by it - thanks Judy Woodworth!;):P:D:cool:

Guest Linda S

Pellon makes a lot of different kinds of batting - just make sure you get the right kind! The only one I've found that I didn't like for longarming so far is the blend without the scrim -- it was a bit to stretchy and unstable. The blend WITH the scrim is wonderful -- so soft, and the smaller bolts are so much easier to handle than the huge rolls.

Yes, you're right. There are surely ones that are better suited for work on the longarm and ones with scrim are easier. My favorite in customer quilts is still their 80/20 with scrim but I'm also loving their new Eco-blend. For my personal quilts (when I do get around to quilting any) I put wool in - heaven!!!

I work with all of their battings in my business and have learned alot about each one.

Roseann,

I found some of the Legacy 80/20 batting at a local quilt shop a few years ago----I love it! The past few times I have purchased it from Hancocks of Paducah online. They can't seem to keep it in stock---so, it's usually on back order.

I know this may sound silly but the other reason I really like Legacy 80/20 is the way it comes folded on the cardboard flat fold tubes. My batting storage is limited to a small closet and it is so easy to store the Legacy batts and cut off just what I need.

I also fluff the Legacy 80/20 in a hot dryer with a wet dishtowel for about 15 mins. This fluffs it up since when it comes off the cardboard all folded it's rather flat looking---but, once I do the dryer thing---it's so soft and fluffy!

It's my primary batting now---

Archived