Head in the sand syndrome....

OK, I guess I have had my head in the sand, a sign of being busy....I hope that's all, maybe it's dementia....

So were on route to Kansas City for Spring Quilt Market. We stopped last night at our friends Mary and Mark's store "Quilting on the Square," at Holton, KS for a visit (also a Judy Niemeyer Certified Shop). Mary asked me several days before we arrived if I was going to MQS as well. Head in Sand me said no and did not even register why she was asking. I had no idea it was on in, or where or when.

Imaging my dumb struck face yesterday when I realized MQS was also in Kansas City at the same time as Market! Well long story short, Mary looked up for me what classes were full and I registered and went today, the only day I had before Market starts!!!

I took a class from Cathy Franks in the am, very inspiring. Then from Angela Walters after lunch, and was thrilled with her ideas for quilting Modern quilts. Then saw the show- quilting way above my league (both in talent and time taken)! And a little shopping...

Bless his soul, Roger sat patiently waiting for me in the lobby, reading his book and doing crossword puzzles!

BEST PART- meeting 4 other APQS Forum quilters- Cameron, Tammy, Kelly and Joyce (had met Joyce before)! So fun to be sitting and class and someone recognizes your name!!!

Anyways, did not post that I was going, cause I did not know I was! Sorry to miss supper tomorrow, we will be at a seminar at market and then off to sample spree (praying that we do not get trampled at spree!)....

:D

Ardelle,

I too took a class from Angela Walters at MQX, she had some good ideas for quilting those modern quilts that we will all probably get from customers...she also had alot of energy and was fun to listen to...I enjoyed my class and came away thinking that modern quilts could be fun to do too!

It was great meeting Ardelle in class, and then she took me to meet Roger. They are a delightful and very talented couple. I can't wait to see the quilting that Ardelle does with the things she learned at MQS. They are working on more Judy Niemeyer quilts and I know they will be gorgeous!

Archived