Shadow trapunto

Here is a quilt I have been working on for our guild's challenge this fall. The challenge is to make a quilt using only two colors. I used muslin on top and a bright orange fabric underneath to give it the soft peachy pink color in the background.

The heart is a Karen McTavish design and the border is a stencil I had. I used QD poly select for trapunto and for entire quilt. Also, SoFine and bottom line on top with magna classic on the bottom.

I'm so happy with how it turned out and can't wait for our big reveal day, which won't be till the end of September. It's funny....I didn't think I was going to like it. As I was puting it on the frame I thought it was a goofy looking design.

Jess

2109438530105474977S425x425Q85.jpg

2316619300105474977S425x425Q85.jpg

2926121980105474977S425x425Q85.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are so wonderfully encouraging. All your kind comments will definitely hold me over till I can show it to my guild in four months. I am totally hooked on shadow trapunto, now that I've done one and like it so much. It's just the coolest thing. I'm already washing and pressing more fabric so I can draw another one...or two....or three. Oh dear, I'm going to get really backed up on my work! Lollll

Jess

Archived