MQX East

Sunimp

It was just pointed out to me that MQX will be held in Manchester, New Hampshire again next year. Does anyone know why it is going back there instead of Providence, R.I.?

I attended a couple of years ago in NH and it was a great show, but was just curious as to the location change.l

Guest Linda S

Irene - the show just didn't have the same "feel" in Providence as it did in Manchester. The economics also were not as good. Hotel was more expensive, food was more expensive, people were more scattered, etc. Manchester will probably be a bit of a tight fit again, but I think we're all happy to be going "home" again. The Radisson became such a familiar spot and we all felt so comfy there. I still have Gaucho's Brazilian Grill and Picolo Italian Restaurant in my phone. Many of us have already made our reservations to go. It will be great!

Oh! I almost forgot -- no sales tax at the vendors in New Hampshire too! A big plus for someone like me who also comes from a state with no sales tax!

Irene,

Janet Lee and Mary work really hard to put together a great show and people weren't coming to RI. Since the people weren't there, the vendors weren't coming. I never went to NH but everyone said it was great because they practically took over the entire hotel. I really hope more quilters support them next year.

Thanks for updating me. We had a great time when we were there and were able to meet lots of people from the forum. We also made a side trip to a fabric store in Maine that Heidi recommended and it sure was worth it. We came home with several bolts!:D

• 3 months later...
Guest Linda S

Yes Ann - it is for newbies, oldies, longarmers, sit-down quilters, piecers, quilters who like to paint, embellish, etc. It's got almost everything! I've been to at least one MQX every year since 2005. Next week will be my second MQX this year!

I am looking forward to the show going back to New Hampshire. I have my reservations already. The hotel has two large rooms where the quilts and vendors are housed. They have had classes from beginner to advanced and there are a lot of classes to choose from. Ann, I hope you can go. I think you would enjoy yourself.

Guest Linda S

Ann - the whole event is at the Radisson in Manchester. If you book now, you can probably get a room there. If they are booked, there are opportunities to get a roommate. It's a wonderful place and you can attend the show, eat breakfast, lunch, dinner there, take classes, and shop the vendors without ever having to leave the building. Manchester, however, is a beautiful city and there are some lovely mansions just several blocks from the Radisson. I enjoyed walking around those neighborhoods for a bit.

Archived