Picture on fabric help

Janice

I am quilting a quilt for a grandmother whose grandson has some mental and physical challenges. This is for his highschool graduation. She has sent fabric swatches to lots of folks who know him and have had contact with throughout his growing up. There area beautiful comments on them. Anyway--to the point. There is(was) a picture of him about 8 yr. old and a lovely young lady--his caretaker,

( who was later killed in an auto accident). I drew a design around the picture. I quilted the design and outlined the (oval) picture. To get the blue marker out I took a small cloth and wet it and wiped on the blue lines. As the dampness spread, the lettering under the picture smeared and continued to smear. I tried with a q-tip to clean it up. It is better but grey around the lettering. I took a picture of the picture and it turned out nicely. I need to know, if I have a piece of her fabric, can I copy the picture on to it? What do I do to make it permanent ? I have talked with the grandmother and she is very kind and understanding. I know one of you will have the answer to help me out. Thanks, Janice

Thank you for your help. I saved the link and will use it to get another photo transferred. The grandmother came and was very nice. There are several other pictures that will smear if water touches them. She seems to think if she irons them with a hot iron the water won't affect them. I dont know. I am leaving that up to her. Thanks for your help.

Archived