Timing your APQS Video now on YouTube

DawnCavanaugh

Hello APQS family!

As you know, your APQS machine doesn't just "go out of time" on its own. But occasionally a needle jam, needle break, or simply a worn out hook after lots and lots and lots of quilting take their toll on the hook.

Timing your machine isn't really difficult, it just takes some patience and the right tools. This video will help you learn how to check your timing as well as how to re-set it should the need arise. Tension, thread looping, or thread breakage are not normally fixed by re-timing the machine. The major symptom that points to re-timing a machine is skipped stitches in manual sewing mode. (If you're having skipped stitches in stitch-regulated mode but NOT in manual mode, then the issue is typically an encoder wheel adjustment...more videos to come on that!)

We are working to produce several helpful videos over the summer to provide even more customer support. Be sure to go to youtube.com and subscribe to the "APQS Quilting Channel" where we upload our videos. Every time a new one is finished you'll get an email about it. We're also working on integrating them into our website, but that may be just a little bit yet.

Here's a link to the Intro to Timing Video....Recommended Tools:

And this one is to the actual Timing Video itself:

Save these in your "favorite posts"!

Guest Linda S

Wow, cool! I have lived in fear of having to do this, and you know -- I have not needed to do it in the eight years I've had my machine. When I was having so much trouble with thread getting caught in the hook, I really thought it might have something to do with the timing, so I got out the manual, got down there with my magnifier and light, went through all the steps, and sure enough, my needle is still right where it should be. I just love my little Liberty. She is a little reliable powerhouse. The day will come, I know, when I need to do this, so I'm glad it's available on video!

Thank, thank you, thank you! I had to re-time my machine after getting a cleaning rag wrapped up in it. Not a lot of fun. I wish I had had this video when I was going through it. I am sure others will get a lot of use out of it. I hope I never have to do it again.

• 2 months later...

When something goes bump in the middle of a weekend afternoon, you know it can't be good. I had read here about the videos posted for timing the machine. I pulled that one up and there was sweet Amy to walk me through the process. Love being able to see everything clearly and watch over and over as needed. Within an hour, I was back to work! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

:) This came in so handy this week since I jammed my needle and it would no longer pick up the bobbin thread (the first time in five years). Thankfully it was only the needle bar that needed pushing back down and not the timing itself. I used the video on the APQS website. APQS is awesome because of the great machines and wonderful help available!

Archived