Thread issues and broken screw

When I stitch right to left and pause to move my ruler I hear a thunk then the top thread is shredded. I double checked the timing and tweeked it causing my second problem the screw on the flat side of the hook broke off one side where the screw driver fits in so it only has half a head. Not a problem if I timed it right and never have to remove it. Of course I have to get this quilt done this weekend. I also checked the finger.

Maybe it will work out in the morning.

Shirley,

Go to a hardware store and ask for super-penetrating oil. That should help you remove the screw with the broken head.

As far as your first problem with the thread shredding, can you give us more information, so that we can help you? What thread were you using top and bottom? What size needle were you using?

Needle 4.0 bottom line top and bottom line prewound bobbins. Finally think I got it it was just start over with tension new bobbin case and put 2 new pigtails on. Don't know if any one of these items fixed it or the combination.

Just holding my face straight until done with this quilt then 2 more and then I will tackle the screw issue.

Actually we usually have really lo humidity. We have been extremely warm for our area so we are running the swamp cooler constantly but our humidity is up due to storms so that may be the reason that things needed tweeked from the normal.

Of course nothing is wrong when you have time to play. Always on a rush job. Go figure.

Thanks to all the advice and keep fingers and toes crossed.

Shirley

Archived