New Quilt Rack

Donald A

Very nice , have you and your wife made u-tube clips ,your overhead lights look like some I saw from there from a very loving husband who dearly supports his wifes quilting and tackles many projects to make her quilting life much easier ,and the son even helps mom and dad .

Originally posted by queenie123

Very nice , have you and your wife made u-tube clips ,your overhead lights look like some I saw from there from a very loving husband who dearly supports his wifes quilting and tackles many projects to make her quilting life much easier ,and the son even helps mom and dad .

Yes there is a video posted on you tube of some the of the things I and Jan have made. It was filmed by my son. I really need to update the video as we have made a lot of changes/additions.

Thanks for the compliments.

Originally posted by Lynne in Iowa

This just got added to my favorites for "when we get our new house built someday"! What a cool way to display multiple quilts and use usually unused space. Do the arms swivel from side to side?

Yes the arms swivel.

Originally posted by Dustee

Love the quilt rack. I wish you would consider selling the pattern. My husband is quite crafty when it comes to woodworking. I would love to have him make me one like that.

Beautiful quilts!

My design is real close to the pattern in the latest edition of Wood Magazine. The changes I made are basically adding a 2" piece to the top of the arms with rounded corners to help prevent creasing the quilts. I also used different lengths on the arm support brackets to help the quilts lay better.

Donald, you do beautiful work, and your wife's quilts are beautiful, too. The design element of the quilt rack looks really versatile as in you could make something like that so it is flush up against a wall and it wouldn't take up too much floor space for those of us with smaller homes like me. I just love it. Have you considered making these to sell? I would get in line for one.

Also, I love the lights you have over your wife's machine and cutting table. They look classy and very unlike mine. LOL Do you mind posting your u-tube link? I would love to see what else you are making for your wife so I can nag my DH a little more. :D

Originally posted by Bonnie H

Donald, you do beautiful work, and your wife's quilts are beautiful, too. The design element of the quilt rack looks really versatile as in you could make something like that so it is flush up against a wall and it wouldn't take up too much floor space for those of us with smaller homes like me. I just love it. Have you considered making these to sell? I would get in line for one.

Also, I love the lights you have over your wife's machine and cutting table. They look classy and very unlike mine. LOL Do you mind posting your u-tube link? I would love to see what else you are making for your wife so I can nag my DH a little more. :D

Here is a link. There are other videos as well.

Archived