Its still a quilt,homemade chenille,more pics added

Four layers of two differant design flannels sewn in rows spaced way too close together for me to cut through them ,I saw this online and had to try it ,I started it before I bought my longarm this year ,its so soft and fluffy .Took more pics today ,it drapes so nice ,I hate to give it away ,funny story is I was making it for my sons g-fren and when he saw it in the beginning he told me it look like a table cloth ,needless to say it hurt my feelings so I told him thats ok I have another person to give it to......update ,he saw the finished blanket and now he is begging for it ,psss ,that was my original game plan ,lol,

post--13461908976853_thumb.jpg

looks wonderfully cozy. Did you say that you sewed together 4 layers? How many did you cut thru to make the chenille? I was wondering if you cut on both sides and leave a layer in the center or by the looks you cut only one side. I would like to try that sometime. looks fun.

Not to hijack your post--and this gorgeous Chenille throw--

The Topper website has downloadable instructions for stitching a chenille throw. It's meant for using the crosshatching rulers but will work as well with a regular ruler. About 3 hours of stitching and you slash it on the frame. Much easier with some tension on the top. Yardage requirements, fabric selection, and layering instructions included. Click on "crosshatching rulers" and scroll to the bottom of the page.

www.topperquilttools.com

• 4 weeks later...

You can also make winter scarves that way. Cut on the bias 5 layers any width you want any length you want. Layer them (you can use pieces on the 2nd and fourth layer). Sew on the straight (because you cut the pieces on the bias. Then slash two layers on each side and all layers on the ends for about 6". It does make a cute, soft and warm scarf.

Archived