Post Birthday Block Pictures Here

dtreusch

HI

I have been posting and thanking birthday blocks sent. Is there another place that I should be thanking the gift givers? I have sent out Jan & Feb blocks but only received thanks from one participant. I don't know if they received them all. Nita

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to say a great big thank you to Deb Treusch for the bright and beautiful block you sent me. What a surprise to get another block months before my birthday. It's like Christmas in July to get surprises like this. I love the block! Thanks again. Janet:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Are we going to get the old pictures back or should we edit the posts where they were, to add them back ourselves? I'm starting to think of adding mine back to the posts they disappeared from. I enjoy going back and looking at all of the blocks posted and many have disappeared.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been very bad (busy) about thanking for birthday blocks. In the last week some new ones have joined in...so will post how they all are starting to play together and become friends. ;)

The blocks are from Janet Armstrong, Vicki Bohnhoff, Bonnie Botts, Norece Embody, Renae Gamel, Barbara Goodson, Carol Hillary, Lorrie Houle, Kate Meyers, Jeanne Rumans, Teresa Taylor, Debbi Treusch, and Sue Urich. (Hope you don't mind me using your names. Does anyone else become confused with names and 'handles'?)

It was such fun today to get them all out, feel them, admire them, and dream of when they become one piece!!

Thank you to each of you. Time to get some more done and in the mail from me.

post--13461897990939_thumb.jpg

Susan,

I have been searching frantically this evening and unfortunately have not found a block from you. Is it in the photo and I got names mixed up? Have really been trying hard to mark my list as they come.

My apologies to Elaine from Modesto, CA. (Your name is not on my list which was updated at the end of Jan.) I also have a striking block from you. Please send info for a block you would like to receive.

Thank you, Elaine and Susan... I will keep looking!

post--13461897994465_thumb.jpg

And here I thought all was quiet on the BD Block group. Hadn't had an email in over a week or more. Kate - Valerie McSorley must be Leslie McSorley.

The blocks are looking really nice in batches. Linda - you have such a good idea to photograph them all together. Maybe we should all do that and post them on the web here. It will also give each of us a boost to keep making them. Thanks for the motivation. Back to the fun.

Vicki

Thank you for the great and varied Christmas blocks - Valerie Edwards, Debbi Treusch, Jeanne Rumans, Carol Hillary (2 blocks), Marylyn Jones, Lorrie Houle, Sue Urich, and one from me. As you can see, Christmas has different interpretations for each of us. I do wish I had asked everybody to sign them, so if you haven't sent one to me yet, please do sign it. I'm putting masking tape IDs on the back of each one and will probably sign these since I'd like to remember each of you by your signature style.

Debbi, Jeanne, Carol, and Marylyn, I'm working on your blocks and should have them done very soon. Just got Carol's done. Yippee!

Vicki

post--13461898022408_thumb.jpg

I love seeing how everyone's blocks go together so well. Here are the ones I have so far and my birthday is in November!! Starting at the top left, they are from: Renae Gamel, Vicki Bohnhoff, Linda Card. Middle row: Lorrie Houle, Carol Hillary, Lisa Theissen. Bottom left: Debbi Treusch, Valerie Edwards. Thanks so much ladies for such beautiful blocks!!!!

post--13461898039574_thumb.jpg

Hey Jeanne - Just finished your block this afternoon. Oooo, it's so pretty. On sashing for mine I don't have a clue yet. Do you have any suggestions? If it's white, then I can do some Christmas writing on it. If it's holly or pine boughs then it's like blocks in a forest of greenery. Maybe there could be miniature paper pieced Christmas ornaments and symbols. Metallic gold! Make them look like stacks of Christmas packages with the big ones on the bottom and little ones on top? I'm hoping for an eureka moment. Have a good day and look for a present in the mail.

Vicki

Hi Vicki:

I'm really excited about my block!!! It never gets old getting presents in the mail, does it?

I love your idea of making the blocks like presents, though you might end up with a mighty large quilt! You are getting a lot of stars. They could be the stars in the sky with a brighter star to "guide the shepherds" to the baby Jesus.

The possibilities are endless!

Archived