APQS Dinner gathering at MQX West in Portland?

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

Shall we all get together again for dinner at MQX West? I think Thursday night will be good, since the fashion show has been cancelled. Do you want me to get the room at Paddy's again, or should be try something else? Let me know!

Linda

The room at Paddy 's is good just tell them to set several tables instead of the biiiig looong table. Then I think we can mingle better and fit more in. I really felt bad that so many had sit in main room last year. We didn't get to meet them.

Thursday should be great.

Really getting excited.

Does anyone remember if there is a door between the bar area at Paddy's and the room we were in? I know that we weren't exactly quiet but there was quite a racket coming from the bar. It made it very difficult, if not impossible to have a conversation with anyone even if they were sitting right next door. I resorted to watching lips move but as I don't lip read it didn't really help much!

Originally posted by srichardson

Does anyone remember is there is a door between the bar area at Paddy's and the room we were in? I know that we weren't exactly quiet but there was quite a racket coming from the bar. It made it very difficult, if not impossible to have a conversation with anyone even if they were sitting right next door. I resorted to watching lips move but as I don't lip read it didn't really help much!

While Paddy's was fun and the food was good, maybe someone familiar with Portland can suggest somewhere else? I know last year most of the downtown places wanted either a huge group and/or a huge total tab to offer a private room.

I think the problem is as well, we never know until the night-of exactly how many will show....

Lyndas N--does Gustav's have a private room?

Linda R.

Gustav's doesn't have an absolutely "private" room. They do have a large room with a huge table down the middle but there are booths around the perimeter that they do seat others at.

The biggest problem with Gustav's is the distance. The one on Sandy that is not too far isn't big enough. The one we go to out on Sunnyside is not so convenient if we can't find enough cars to pool it.

Bekah, if you are checking, why don't you see if Sanfords at Lloyd Center has a space if it is even still there.

Paddy's was good, just not well set up.

• 3 weeks later...

Folks - I haven't made any arrangements, as it seemed that many didn't want to go to Paddy's. Are we on for dinner and should I call, or would someone else like to make arrangements elsewhere? We probably should get this squared-away, as we have less than a month to plan.

Linda

Originally posted by Linda S

Folks - I haven't made any arrangements, as it seemed that many didn't want to go to Paddy's. Are we on for dinner and should I call, or would someone else like to make arrangements elsewhere? We probably should get this squared-away, as we have less than a month to plan.

Linda

Linda,

I hope that I didn't offend you when I mentioned the noise issue at Paddy's. I appreciated the time and effort that you went to last year to find a place where we were able to meet that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

No - I'm not offended at all! I just know that several people mentioned going to the Lloyd Center, etc., so I didn't want to go ahead and make arrangements if that isn't what we were going to do. Maybe I should post another thread, to be sure we're all on the same page?

Archived