My George is on the way!

Patrice

Congrats on your George. I have one also, and have used various threads on him. King Tut is a heavier thread, Rainbow is a lighter mid weight, I have used some 40 or 30 weight Aurifil and even some 100 weight Invisifil. None of them have given me real problems. Any problems are usually user error. I started with King Tut because it came with my machine, but now it is just a matter of taking a little time to play with the tension.

Woo Hoo, Patrice! Congratulations on your new (to you) George machine. You're right, we're not as active on the forum but we ARE a friendly and helpful group. We'd love to encourage you as you & your George get acquainted.

I always recommend that my new George owners begin with So Fine thread. It's George's favorite. Once you are comfortable with the machine, you can branch out to other thicker & thinner threads. We've proven that George can sew with a huge variety of needle sizes and threads. You're gonna love him! Please keep in touch via the forum, Nancy in Tucson

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Mrs.A

I always recommend that my new George owners begin with So Fine thread. It's George's favorite.

Congrats!!! When Nancy, (Mrs.A) told me that George had a favorite thread I humored her :) Then I found out for myself it was so true! My George doesn't like King Tut at all. Go figure. But So Fine works beautifully for me in 30 and 50#. I also have worked my way down to a 100# Invisifil with very nice results using a needle smaller than recommended. You will be soooo happy.

Archived