Decisions Decisions Decisions (Advice Welcomed)

rineps

I am one of the few who own both an Innova and a Millie. Both good machines, both good customer service. My fav is my Innova. That does not mean it is the best machine, just my fav. I use my Millie when in Washington and my Innova when in California - 2 homes, 2 machines.

APQS has great service but you will not have 24/7 unless someone is up and looking at the internet during the night. Michael with Innova answers his phone 24/7 and get you through any issue 24 hours a day - ABM (Innova) is used to 24/7 since much of their business is around the world - their LA division is just a small part of their business. I am lucky with my Millie - I do have a dealer close by who will come to my house (for a price of course). When I want Innova to come, I plan around the Road 2 CA show and they stop by on their way back to Texas (I am just off the freeway). Both machines are easy to work on and as others have said, we do most everything ourselves. Cost is another issue. AQPS sells different machines and each has its own bells and whistles. The machine you select will determine the size and basic extras you get - you can add some additional extras for some machines. Innova sells 1 head - 4 sizes. You select the size you want and then add any additional items you want. All additions go with all machines. It is a different selling concept but is a good concept.

I am not promoting one over the other - it is important to continue looking and trying until one machine does stand out. You will be spending a lot of money and am sure that once you have made a selection, you will be happy with what you get. Just stay with a good company!!!! Good luck.

i think the tablet size is perfect ... to do what you need to do, computer-wise, you shouldn't have to have a big computer. i think the technology is fast moving towards the tablet based way of life. The tablet is big enough to truly see what you need to do, plus it adds very little weight to the machine, so you don't really know it's there. plus when you want to do custom or free-hand, you can just unplug the tablet, move it away from the machine (maybe download some more designs while at your computer) and move on with your free-hand/custom work. I think I'm fallin' in love ...

I have quilt path installed on my Lenni. Yes it is a tablet size.....but I would not want it any larger, and there isn't a need for it to be any larger. Even with my fat fingers, I get the pattern or to the screen that I want first time.

The other thing that I LOVE about quilt path is.....the weight of my red snappers do not interfere with it. I get wonderful stitching every inch of the quilt and do not have to have extra backing material to work around the red snappers.

I love it!

:)

I used a Gammill at 3 classes early this summer. It stitched very nicely and felt good, but having a touch screen where everytime I had to change stitch length or anything else I had to stop. Then I had to touch the screen to make it show the icon I needed, touch that then touch what ever else I needed. This rapidly became annoying. With the APQS, I had the button right at my hand, and I can just use my thumb to press fast and I change stitches per inch. I don't have to look for anything or even stop. All needed actions for your work is just a thumb button press right your at the thumb tip. Service and Warranty is fantastic. The Innova is very responsive but the vibration is I fell, signifigant. I you are working for any length of time, the vibration is annoying and after a while, it made a thumb joint (damaged before and always sensitive) to throb. I have tried Innova at a number of shows and it was always vibrating alot. I asked the Innova rep about the vibration, he said "well yes it vibrates, but doesn't bother [him]". Hmm, my Millennenium never makes my joint hurt!! I say consider how simple it is to use when you have to do the same actions again and again over two or more hours. I think the APQS is the easiest and most convenient machine to use. I love my Millie!!

Archived