Where shall we have the APQS Dinner at MQX?

Guest Linda S

Folks - if you look at the other thread asking if we are going to get together, you will see that several people wanted an option besides Paddys, so I haven't made any reservations, thinking that someone would be checking on these other sites. Have we found a better place to go? Please let me know, as time is getting very short, i.e., just a tad more than TWO WEEKS away! :o We've got to get hopping!

Hi Linda! Just like you, I'm far way from the action and I don't know the area around the Convention Center. Should we try Paddy's again--the food and service was great. It was just a poor set-up of the room and not enough seating for all who showed up. Maybe ask for the room and ask them to leave the tables apart in 4-tops or maybe 8-tops so we can get the biggest number in the room? Other than that, someone mentioned a Lloyd Center restaurant?

Sorry that this is put on you again--I say make the reservation (if it's not too late) at Paddy's!

Good Morning my fellow APQS friends. I think I was supposed to call around and then forgot to post my findings. Good grief just when I think my brain is working again.

Stanfords in Lloyd Center can take us and they have a room they can set up that will hold up to 40 people. Let me know or if you have booked Paddy's Linda, that is okay too. I promise to check back here before noon to see what the answer is.

Linda S and I have just spoken and I am going to go ahead and make reservations at Stanfords in Lloyd Center. If we have over 20 people we can have the room to ourselves. What I really need is a time that we would start. Linda suggested 4:30 or 5. I see that there are classes until 6, and I wouldn't want to leave anyone out. Do any of you have a problem with starting at 5?

Thanks Bekah and Linda!

My take on the time is that 5pm would be good as long as we warn the staff that we will be coming at different times and some may need to order and eat before the entire group arrives. Unless we want to use the time before 6:30 PM as a meet-and-greet? As a former restaurant worker and owner, a big group ordering at one time puts a great strain on the kitchen. And extra help might be needed to take orders and serve. When you make the reservation, ask which they would prefer--and big group to order all at once or if they are OK with early birds and late stragglers. If they say they prefer everyone to be seated before ordering, the reservation would need to be closer to the time everyone can get there--like between 6 and 6:30 PM. I imagine that holding the room from 5 o'clock on so we can maybe have a drink before would be OK with the restaurant.

I like the early time idea, but my last class gets out at 3.

It'll be great to see everyone! I'll bring some stick-on name tags so we can recognize our on-line friends!

Yeah! Thanks so much Bekah! I didn't know much about the Lloyd Center, so wasn't sure what was available there, but this sounds like a better arrangement as well as being closer to boot.

I think we started early as a happy hour/meet and greet thing last year and those who needed to leave early could order their food if they wanted to. Of course, last year there was a fashion show to go to, but there isn't one this year, so we won't have to worry about that. I think 5 for a meet and greet would be good and then we can order dinner at 6 or 6:30. Does that sound good? I agree it would be best to ask the restaurant how they would like to handle it. Sounds good to me!

The Max light rail will run every 15 minutes--pick up at the station just across the street and north of the Convention Center and dropping off right at Lloyd Center--I can't remember exactly but I think it's one stop away. Within walking distance for sure, but it'll be dark and who knows what the weather will be like. I'll have a car with room for three more if we can make arrangements to meet up.

Reservations are made at Stanfords at Lloyd Center starting at 5:00 pm. They are giving us our own seating area. It is not exactly a separate room but a separate area of the restaurant that seats 22 around large round tables and then they have booths along the sides in the same area. There is an 18% gratuity for this large of a crowd just to give everyone a heads up. They are fine with us staggering our orders. She would only put the reservation until 6 and when I told her we absolutely needed it until 7 she said,"I have my ways around that, so don't worry we will accommodate you. I just don't want to have anyone freaking out about a 2 hour staggered reservation." Everyone I dealt with there was so nice.

The reservation is in my name. See everyone there.

Originally posted by Linda S

All students registered for classes will be getting a free Max pass, so we can travel around at our leisure!

That's so great! What a thoughtful addition to the show. My friends and I are staying out by the airport and with conflicting classes we were planning to use the Max a bit. Thanks Linda!

Archived