? about light custom

I would call it anything that is not a panto or E2E but does not include SID, crosshatching, or feathers(I consider those heavy custom or heirloom)...maybe cc's or stippling in areas... I would say that more detailed and dense the quilting gets, the more you should charge for your time and effort and thread. Does that help?

In my opinion anything that isn't an overall design or a panto can be called custom. That's where the piecing is quilted and not just the top fabric.

Light custom would be like a sampler with the same design quilted in each block and another complimentary design in the border. I would charge 2 1/2 cents for that treatment. Or an overall in the body and a separate design in the border (2 cents per inch).

As you step up to three areas to quilt (like separate sashings or another border) the price goes up--and thread color changes will bump the price as well.

If you need descriptions for your intake sheet or a website--peruse websites of members to get their take on custom quilting.

Archived