Glide thread using bobbin winder

I have wound glide thread on bobbins without any problems. Are you using a thread net? I find a thread net always helps control the thread since it is moving very fast.

I can wind the glide on bobbins however I haven't been successful using those bobbins. It has been a while since I tried and I don't recall with certainty what the problem was. I'm thinking the thread spun off the bobbin when I stopped moving the machine and then it was a mess that had to be fixed before I could continue stitching.

I didn't think to use a thread net on the bobbin winder cone - I've used it on the Millie, especially when using Rainbows. I'm not familiar with Metro thread. Any suggestions for metalic thread? I've considered using Sewers Aid, but am afraid of problems when the thread gets down past where the Aid has penetrated.

• 1 month later...

Redhot: I don't know whether you've solved your problem yet or not, but this is what I've done to keep the thread in my bobbin winder (not a Mille or a turbo winder, just the generic winder that came with my Ult2). I bring the thread down through the top guide on the tension assembly and wind it clockwise around the disk assembly. The thread actually goes over itself to the bobbin being wound. The complete wrap assures that the thread will not slip out of the winder. Since my eyes aren't what they used to be, I cut the thread at the cone when I change threads, I tie the new thread on the cut piece, and pull it through the winder to avoid rethreading each time. All you have to do is adjust the disk assembly to the tightness of the wind you like best. Jim

Archived