Obstuction on Millennium with Intelliquilter

I keep having the machine stop mid quilt in the same place claiming an obstruction on the Intelliquilter Screen. I've looked and can not find ANYTHING that even remotely looks like it is obstructing any movement. Any thoughts on why this is happening. I can't proceed. Thanks for any help.

I have IQ on my Millie and have had this problem before. Your table may have a low or high spot in it, clean your wheels and rails, ask yourself if it is too close to the take up roller, or top roller. Have you been to the yahoo group for IQ? There are good things posted there and also on the IQ web site. You may want to save and download your logs also.

Hope this helps.

Julia :)

The first thing to do is clean, clean, clean. Get your drive wheels very clean and your rails super clean.

Look at your drive wheels and make sure you don't have globs of thread wrapped around the axel. I had one customer take the cover off his motor and found he had oodles of thread wrapped around everything so tightly that it was keeping his motor from working freely. He was getting obstruction errors all the time too and once he cleaned it out, all was well.

Do you have Bliss or the old standard table? On the old table it was easy to have the lexan top shift and slightly impede the X-motor as it moved across the table. It wasn't even that obvious when it happened as it could be you just leaned on the lexan enough to shift it to the front of the table enough to prevent the X motor from moving freely.

Check how much space you have between the leveler bar and the throat of the APQS machine. There should be about a bobbin's height between them. If it is lower, you should raise your leveler bar.

Have you called your dealer? They should be able to help you walk through things to look for. And, they can help you adjust your settings to prevent untrue obstruction errors.

HTH!

I recently had this problem in a big way and after everything, Dave jones noticed my wheel on the back of the carriage was not touching the carriage. Not the wide black one but the other one. He adjusted it a bit and it's fine now. I have no idea hoe it came to be not touching???? But it is workking now. Hope this helps

Archived