needle stuck in down position

Carathren

oh please help. My needle is stuck in the down position. It blew a fuse. I replaced the fuse but the flywheel won't budge!!! I'm afraid it'll just blow the fuse again. I must have hit my ruler as I was quilting, I guess. How do I get the flywheel to move without just blowing the fuse again?! Can I take the front apart and do this manually without the power on? I've never had this problem before. I appreciate any insight! My Liberty has always been dependable up till now...:-(

Hi Heidi. Thank you for responding so quickly!! I will go check it out. When I first tried, the flywheel wouldn't budge and I was afraid to let the machine continue to hum for fear of damage or blowing another fuse. You are so right about the breathing! lol thanks, I needed that. Will get back to you!

OK you do have that machine turned off right? Can you get the bobbin case out? You may need to take the needle plate off and you may need to take the hook off and then retime it. I know...breath! It will all be ok. Call APQS and they will walk you through what you need to do to get the needle unstuck! Breath, eat chocolate and breath some more!

Great news to report!!! My husband and I removed the Hook Retaining Finger to get a better look at the needle. We simply used cutters to cut the needle and the bottom half of it fell out. Boy was it bent!!! The flywheel moved up without a problem and I was able to removed the rest of the needle. All looks okay now!!! I will check it further to see if it affected my timing at all but I hope not. I am SO RELIEVED!!!!!!! If anyone else ever has this problem, I hope this helps. It certainly was easier than removing anything else. I got lucky. Thank you so much to all who responded. I sincerely appreciate the support. My next step was to call APQS. Thank you and happy quilting!!!! :-)

Archived